3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do Nerf Bars and Body Lift work together?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Nerf Bars and Body Lift work together?

I am ordering a body lift and thought I might as well get nerf bars at the same time. What I am thinking is that the nerf bars are going to mount to the bottom of the body mounts right? So will the nerf bars stay down at that lower position and look weird along with the fact of 3" lost clearance on the sides?

Also anyone have any sugestions of some rugged black nerfs? I have been looking around and none of them realy tell you how they are mounted to the truck. I just dont want some realy cheap ones that mount to the lip on the cab or some cheasy **** like that.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think n-fabs would look sweet on your truck. as for them hanging lower, they will but you can trim the mounts to accommodate for the lift. i believe someone just did this on here cant remember the name though
http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/.../productID/180

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i got the westin step tubes. i love the look of the straight bar without the curve under. as for mounting... rather than go (from top to bottom) body, body lift block, frame, then step tube mount, go body -> step tube mount -> body mount -> frame. if that makes any sense at all. basically, you're putting the step tube mount ABOVE the body block, so it also gets lifted along with the body. check out my photo album for some pics of the step tubes.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Yeah those do look good on there. How is the mounting system on them, are they pretty sturdy?

And by the way nice bike, here is mine.LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

nice bike dude...very clean lookin. i see amsoil bottles in the background. good choice. its the only thing i put in mine.

the step tubes are incredibly sturdy. they definently hold more weight than you should ever need to put on em.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

after i did my body lift my bars stayed in the same postion. But after looking at it I kind of dig it, plus moving them up would make it even harder for the wife and kids to get in (the only reason I got the things).

Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

If they mount to the frame... not so much.... If they mount to the body, then they go up with the lift.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
If they mount to the frame... not so much.... If they mount to the body, then they go up with the lift.

You got it backwards, the body lift is going to go on. The thing that is in question here is weather or not to buy the nerf bars.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by dedogg
after i did my body lift my bars stayed in the same postion. But after looking at it I kind of dig it, plus moving them up would make it even harder for the wife and kids to get in (the only reason I got the things).

Any chance that you could post a picture of how they look on your rig?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
jk360
Veteran

I just did a body lift and the bars stayed low and after a few das I didn't like it. So I drilled new holes 3"s higher on the brackets, moved the bars up, and cut off the excess with a sawzall. Looks a lot better. If u find my thread "bodylift and quick bath" you'll see before and after pics.

Quick Reply: Do Nerf Bars and Body Lift work together?