3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

level kit and front end alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
yellowram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool level kit and front end alignment?

ok guys,i had a leveling kit installed on my truck yesterday and then the front end aligned.i had to replace my struts anyway,so i did the leveling kit too.all this was done at the dealer.they installed the leveling kit for the bubble,cant complain there! and the truck looks great now.well here is the problem,the left side camber is not set right.they said that its out.looking at the alignment sheet its not even close.question is what can be done to fix it? here is what it says on the sheet: before-0.7 actual-0.7 ( NO CHANGE) SPECIFIED RANGE--0.4 TO 0.6. these numbers are in degrees. any and all your help would be greatly apriciated!! yellowram!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I dont know much about alignments and cambers honestly but what I do know is I have my 04 that I just did a 3'' spindle lift and 2'' coil spacer and had an alignment done and they got it set right. Does that make any sense to what your issues are?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to set your camber there are cams on your lower control arms where they attach to the crossmember.. i wouldnt go screwing with them unless you have the truck hooked up to an alignment machine.. I used to do alot of alignments at the last shop where i worked and the smallest adjustment makes a big difference on the machine!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
yellowram

thanks guys.dodgethunder,thats what i was thinking! but shouldnt the dealer know that? LOL im thinking that the tech ran out of time and didnt want to deal with adjusting it.there are two adjusters on each side right? are they connected together or are they separate.well i guess ill have to go back to the dealer and have a talk with them about it,thanks guys for your help. yellowram

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah the dealership should know that.. probably just lazy.. it takes a good 15 mins just to get the machine all set up and get the heads on the tires.. and another 15 to take it all off.. the shop i worked at just charged out an automatic hour on all aligments... there should be 2 cams on each lower control arm.. one front and one rear.. cause if theres only 1 then your gonna screw up the caster when you adjust the camber.. .. and when they adjust the camber its gonna throw your toe outta whack with the pull/push on the tie rod ends.. thats why i wouldnt screw with it, ive seen ppl do there own on older trucks with a tape measure but i wouldnt try that..

Old 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM
butch1581
Captain

why did you need to replace your struts on an 07 Already? Did you have any steering wheel shaking issues with the level kit?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I just did my level about a week ago and yesterday took it in an had it aligned. They adjusted the camber and the left side was towed and they fixed that as well.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
yellowram

thanks for the info dodgethunder,illbe taking it back tomorrow to have them see if they can fix it.butch1581,well i took the truck in for some front end thumping,they replaced the bushings on the sway bar links,and said that i needed new struts.i still have a little bit of a thump in the front though too.ill be asking them about that too!!! i dont have the front end wobble either,i was reallt concerned about that too but i dont have any problems.i do really like the look of the truck now,as soon as i can figure out how to load pictures i will post them. again thanks guys for all your help!! by the i did the hell bent steel kit,and its the 2" kit! i do still have a little bit of a nose down, but im good with that.really looks sharp!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

you are right, with just the level your truck looks completely different. I loved it post some pics soon. Easiest way I found to do it is on tinypic.com. You can upload them into the size you want to be able to post your pics.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
yellowram

well i took it back to the dealer today to see if they can mess with it and get it in line again! i hope so because i dont want to have to take it to another alignment shop.ill try that picture thing as soon as i can.thanks dedogg! so you did the hell bent steel lift too?? cool! well ill keep everyone posted on what happens!

Quick Reply: level kit and front end alignment?