3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

blown hemi... #4 went down

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:02 PM
proxhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: blown hemi... #4 went down

yes driving a ranger hurts... especially a 3.0 6 cyl wit a 5 speed. lol can you say gutless?? woohhooo 19 second 1/4 mile lol.. i think it hurts that they are tryin to get out of warrantee'n it.. i paid a lot of money for that ext coverage.. truck has barely any miles on it.. i followed all the service procdures religiously.. not impressed to say the least..

DAN

Old 03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let us know what they found and how they handled it. Like I told you in the pm it could be more than just something down the intake.
Its possible that one of the screw off the tb throtttle plates came out and fell in too. Either way, unless you wrang the rpm's out and blew the motor, they should stand behind it!!![:@]

Old 03-15-2005, 04:37 AM
proxhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well good news.. found out what was inside the cylinder,,\ yea a good size chunk of the #4 piston broke off and was gettin rammed into the cylinder/ head .. the girl at the front desk of service had no clue really how a motor works.. i really had to just talk to the mechanic and he explained to me what was going on.. so plain and simple dont believ the girl/guy service writer .. talk to the service manager or mechanic and get the real story.. they are replacing my whole motor tomororw with a brand new long block , plus doing brakes and servicing front + rear diffs for free. because of my frustration of being lied to by the serviced writer. so now im happy but i was still not overly impressed wioth the intial response i got from, them.. they made all the original assumsptions on a misfire readings (DTC), bent plug gaps and low compression... i jsut wish they wouldnt have jumped to conclusions like that.. but hey people make mistakes.. and this time i dont have to pay for it.. they seem to think my truck had a major overrev.. which they dont really think is possible because of all the governers but who knows... thanks for all your concern and responses.. made me feel somewhat better [sm=smiley20.gif]

DAN

Old 03-15-2005, 04:55 AM
horatio102
Champion

hey.

when I was 21 I got stuck in a for festiva rental car because a dealer didn't finish with my car on time. In WA most places won't rent to you under 25, so I didn't complain - just drove to the liquor store and then home. [:-]

Old 03-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

Hey Dan,

I play with industrial refrigeration equipt all day for a living--2-3 times bigger than your truck. Trouble shooting problems in your head is just normal, not a good normal, but it is normal. It sounds like the dealership is treating you right. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the new motor in for the replacement. Just make sure you inspect the entire truck front to back BEFORE you accept it. Scratches and such. screws mising in the grille. these little things are notorious for happening, and end up squeaking and stupid stuff like that.

Try to remember that these days trouble shooting usually involves hooking your vehicle up to the computer first, and the more difficult diagnostic stuff second----or third------or fourth, you get the idea. Besides, how often do you here of one of these motors blowing up. Enjoy the ranger--if you can, at least you don't have to worry about speeding tickets!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

Hey Dan,

I play with industrial refrigeration equipt all day for a living--2-3 times bigger than your truck. Trouble shooting problems in your head is just normal, not a good normal, but it is normal. It sounds like the dealership is treating you right. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the new motor in for the replacement. Just make sure you inspect the entire truck front to back BEFORE you accept it. Scratches and such. screws mising in the grille. these little things are notorious for happening, and end up squeaking and stupid stuff like that.

Try to remember that these days trouble shooting usually involves hooking your vehicle up to the computer first, and the more difficult diagnostic stuff second----or third------or fourth, you get the idea. Besides, how often do you hear of one of these motors blowing up. Enjoy the ranger--if you can, at least you don't have to worry about speeding tickets!!!

Quick Reply: blown hemi... #4 went down