3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Suspension Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
O6RamHemiSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Suspension Squeak

I recently bought my 06 Ram Hemi Sport 2wd, and since the weather has started to break, I was driving with my windows down and noticed a squeak in the suspension that has been driving me nuts ever since. The only thing i can compare the sound to is a mouse and I only notice the noise when going over small road imperfections, but it happens often enough to be obnoxious and I am hearing it more frequently. The truck is fairly new with just over 25k. I have aftermarket 18"x9" Weld Racing wheels that I think may be contributing to my problem. When I got under the truck to investigate, I noticed two things. The bushing on the passenger side seems to have slipped it isn't centered like it is on the driver side and I also noticed a SMALL amout of Power Steering Fluid leaking from the rubber casing around the control arm on the passenger side (not leaking bad enough to effect Power Steering Fluid levels). Are either of these cause for concern and could they be causing the squeaking? Thanks...

Old 05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
JJn5526
Professional

ok whats really weird is that im having the same problem... i have 35,970 on my 08 ram and i have had this squeeking noise since 10,000 miles.. i finally took it in a few weeks ago and they decided to replace the shocks, struts, and tie rods... well it still has the squeeking noise, and actually its getting worse.. almost every bump i hit it makes a noise. got under my truck and noticed that its also leaking powersteering fluid from the rubber and also in a few other spots. im not actually sure if its something to do with the powersteering but if we both have the same problems it might be.. now i cant drive my truck till i take it back in and find someone to give me a ride home.. im sitting at 20 more miles till bumper to bumper and i know if i let it go this problems gonna cost a crap ton out of warrenty

Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
NYBowbender

Just an idea (because I have the same problem with my Jeep) is to check your swaybar mounts. I did a Rubicon Express lift on my Jeep and it's a great product except the swaybar joints require attention every month or so. You might be able to tell just by lightly pushing down on your front bumper, if it's the swaybar you'll hear the squeak. On the Jeep I just hit each side with some WD 40 and it's good to go!

Still figuring the truck out but I figured this might help since it sounds exactly like my Jeep problem.

Quick Reply: Suspension Squeak