3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aero Exhaust AT3030XL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:05 AM
ArkHemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr650rider
Just wanted to thank ArkHemi for posting this one. It helped me make my decision for the resonated (XL) version. I just had it installed yesterday. The shop custum bent a 3" stainless pipe and routed it pretty much the same as stock. For the muffler, stainless pipe, tip, and install I paid about $360. It's plenty loud and it performs awesome. I haven't told the wife about it yet though. I can't wait to see her face when I first start it up for her.
Glad my little vids could be of help. Just don't blame me if you start not-liking it!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:20 AM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

Any drone around the 2000-2300rpm range like the Delta 50 FM has . . . ? If not then swapping to that one in the future will be a guaranteed venture.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
70x7
Veteran

I installed this on my 2002 5.9 because of these videos!

I left stock resonator in the piping and used the XL version. Still is a a tad louder than I would like, but its tolerable. Sounds very mean under some pedal love and definatley sounds off while accelerating. However, on cruising the sound gets very quiet.

Cost be about $280 with a new SS tip! Im glad I didn't go with FM because of the droning

Old 11-29-2009, 09:59 AM
TheFist
Veteran

I've been looking at this muffler and may go with it because of this post.

I've got some kind of Magnaflow and the drone is an eardrum killer, especially when I'm towing and the truck is under excelleration.

I've contacted several muffler shops about what kind of muffler to get and they all just seem to want to push whatever brand is their major seller. Flowmaster shops tell me the FM 50 won't drone at all and is the best for the Ram and that the Magna's and Aero are just glasspack type exhausts and thats why I get the drone. Yet, everyone who owns a Flow 50 says they drone like crazy.

Magnaflow shops say the same stuff about Flowmaster.

I want an exhuast that has some tone but wont make me deaf after pulling my trailer for a few hours.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
dr650rider

Originally Posted by TheFist
I've been looking at this muffler and may go with it because of this post.

I want an exhuast that has some tone but wont make me deaf after pulling my trailer for a few hours.

I have the AT3030XL but I don't have the stock rear resonator. With my Airaid CAI, this muffler roars. To be honest, it's loud. Not quite too loud, but I haven't towed with it yet. Has anyone else? I have the same concern about towing with it for hours. If it turns out to be too loud while towing, I'll probably add an aero resonator. I know...a supplementary resonator to an already expensive muffler...but to me the tone and performance are well worth it. I love the popping sound it makes when decelerating (especially in tow-haul mode). I'd hate to see them get too popular though because it's nice having an exhaust that doesn't sound like everybody else's.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i tow with my AT3030, non resonated all the time. its not bad at all. slightly loud when you have to get into it going up a steep hill, but even then, its still very much tolerable. heck, even the wife has never complained about it, nor, my 75 year old fishing buddy.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
TheFist
Veteran

I may have responded to this thread before but I really like the way this exhaust sounds. Definately going this route as soon as I can get the time to get to the exhaust shop.

Quick Reply: Aero Exhaust AT3030XL