3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Radio w/System

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Radio w/System

Well guys...bad news!

If you remember my thread about CartronixPlus.com sending me a reconditioned radio as new that is now broken, you will understand this...

Repair place called and said he will have to wait on parts and he has the same model as mine right now that has been at his shop for 9 months awaiting repair parts...He left me a message that just stated "I have bad news for you" so I guess I will have my stock radio for awhile..

I know you can get a module to let you have a system with your stock radio....do any of you have experience with this or a link? How much is it?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude thats bs tell them to send you another radio in its place. if you have to wait 9 months thats crazy better off just buying a new radio

Old 05-12-2009, 02:33 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I agree that is BS they should have to send you a new radio or give you your money back.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
OhioHemi03

In my old truck I had subs and amp hooked up to a factory deck. Go to any speaker shop and they'll have a piece(might be called a line-out converter) that ties into the wires running to the speakers allowing you to plug in the RCA cables to get the signal to your amp...should be a cheap part and my install was on a ford but not sure why it would be any different

But i'm with these guys...get your money back or a new deck ASAP

Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

ohio is correct but most amps will have a hi input conector you can just tie the rear speakers to it and you dont have to use rca's . i had this install in ol red till i got a aftermarket player.
if you need help just p.m me

Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea well I feel the same way....9 months would be crazy considering they have already had it over a month....

its not the repair shop's fault, it is Clarion (they sub it out) This is my first experience with Clarion, and I think I'm going to go back to being a Pioneer guy...I guess I will have one year on/one year off with my radio huh?

I am going to call Clarion about it, ask if they know how long it takes to send parts and bitch a lil bit

Quick Reply: Factory Radio w/System