3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 4.7L Ram 1500 AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 AM
RAMSLuT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lesclifton
I have read amny threads and worked too many hours on this so hopefully maybe someone can bring some light. The AC works fine while moving but blows warm when sitting idle. I have noticed the AC Condenser fan was not working. I checked all fuses and relays in the fuse box and even replaced the fan motor, but the fan will still not come on. Any ideas?
I have the same problem with ny truck right now. the ac blows freezing cool while driving, but when i stop at a stoplight it gets warm. do u know what is causing the problem??

Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
lesclifton

Well it is the AC Condenser Fan which is the small fan closest to the fuze box by the main cooling fan. This fan is needed to run to keep the AC Condenser cool. What happens is while you are driving the air from the road keeps the condesnser cool, but when sitting still the condenser gets hot and the ac starts to blow hot air. Ill bet your fan is not running. I have checked my fuses, replaced my fan motor as well as the Engine coolant temp sensor, but I still cannot get mine running. First things you should check are your fuses and relays in the fuse box, 9 times out of 10 that will be the problem. If your fuses are good, then maybe we can figure this out together.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
xeagle

Hi Guys
I am having the same problem with my 2003 ram 1500 5.7l Hemi.
My fan is not working and my condenser is continually cutting in and out, Anyone find an answer for this?

Xeagle

Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
lesclifton

It has been a while since there have been any postings on this and I recently fixed mine, so hopefully this may help some others having this problem. I pulled my fuse box out and noticed I had a wire that corroded and was almost completley broke in half. There was a main wiring harness, you'll have to trace the wires from the fan. This was my problem, after re-connecting the wires all worked well.

Quick Reply: 2004 4.7L Ram 1500 AC Problem