3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

must be time to go shopping for new shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
why not? they did it on the show plenty.

LMAO.. Exactly my point...aaahahahahahahahaaaa

Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Why did you ask everyone where to buy and how much if you aren't going to buy?????
If you wanted to let everyone know you basically beat the crap out of your truck, that is fine, just state that in the thread.
If you cannot afford to fix your truck after beating the crap out of it and making it do stuff it's not meant for, then you shouldn't be doing that stuff. Especially to your DD. That's just silly.
i am gonna buy, just can't do it right this second because i have limited funds at this point, i knew the back shocks have been blown since i bought it, so i'm thinking i'll just get new front ones for now. and yeah, maybe i should drive slower, but occasionally i go out and have fun with it, if y'all had dirt roads to drive on, you'd do the same thing.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
i am gonna buy, just can't do it right this second because i have limited funds at this point, i knew the back shocks have been blown since i bought it, so i'm thinking i'll just get new front ones for now. and yeah, maybe i should drive slower, but occasionally i go out and have fun with it, if y'all had dirt roads to drive on, you'd do the same thing.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
i meant there are some people here that i'm sure don't take their trucks off road, that they are pavement queens and that's it. most dirt roads are for recreational purposes, and in my book, offroading is a recreational activity. i'm not really beating the hell out of my truck, i know my limits and stay within them, doesn't mean i can't have some fun from time to time. my truck did slide off the road a bit and jumped a small hill, it happens occasionally. all it did was blow my shocks and messed up my alignment a bit. now, i got the aliment done and am working to get shocks for the rig. i also went to every auto shop here and i can't find one who carries ranchos.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

For the type of driving you describe, you need a superior "off-road shock. Rancho makes a good shock, but the 5000 series will not hold up to abuse. If you decide to go with Rancho, Go for the 9000, and if you are going for speed, you need the reservior.

That said, I have been satisfied using the 5000 for years. A good middle of the road shock. The best part is Monroe's lifetime warranty. My last truck, when it hit 210,000 miles the rubber bushings rotted out. I called Monroe/Tenneco customer service and told them that I did not know what I had for breakfast yesterday, so a 7 year old receipt was out of the question. They told me to get the part number off the shock (yea, I just looked it up) and fax a copy of my registration. A couple weeks later I received a post card "proof of purchase" that was used to exchange the shocks at the local parts house.
With that type of customer service, they will be my frist chose if they have a suitable item.

Quick Reply: must be time to go shopping for new shocks