3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

must be time to go shopping for new shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM
MontanaRAM
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking must be time to go shopping for new shocks

because i blew all of mine out the other day! my steering felt mushy the last couple days after a dirt road adventure involving 80 mph, powersliding, and a small jump which launched my truck off the ground. so i checked and sure enough, all 4 are leaking fluid, so how's the ride with Ranchos? what's the price tag look like on em?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I got the 5000s, they are fantastic!! huge step over stock, and $200 shipped at moes

Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Bilsteins are great too, I have the 5100HDs and they are a huge step above the stock equipment.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Those are the only two brands I'd consider. Rancho or Bilsteins. I've got the RS9000X's, they were running a deal where they were included for free when I got my Rancho lift. They are asjustable, but honestly have had them set to 5 (10 settings) from day one. The ride quality is super...

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
FireRescue J-16

Yes, you must replace them now!
http://www.savingsquirrels.com/

But seriously, I bought a set of Gabriel MaxControls from autozone and they are the most comfortable set of shocks i've ever had on my truck. Rides like a Cadillac, pulls like a freight train. (i just made that up.)

Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

thanks y'all, i know i need shocks but they're gonna have to wait a while. i did take the truck in for an alignment today though, because i noticed it pulling way to the left. the tech took over an hour to align it, he couldn't believe i threw it off so bad. He asked me what i did to get it so far off wack and my answer was simply "you know The Dukes of Hazzard? It was basically that in a pickup truck." he got a good laugh out of that.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
That1guy
Veteran

What about the regluar blistiens autozone sells?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
thanks y'all, i know i need shocks but they're gonna have to wait a while. i did take the truck in for an alignment today though, because i noticed it pulling way to the left. the tech took over an hour to align it, he couldn't believe i threw it off so bad. He asked me what i did to get it so far off wack and my answer was simply "you know The Dukes of Hazzard? It was basically that in a pickup truck." he got a good laugh out of that.
Why did you ask everyone where to buy and how much if you aren't going to buy?????
If you wanted to let everyone know you basically beat the crap out of your truck, that is fine, just state that in the thread.
If you cannot afford to fix your truck after beating the crap out of it and making it do stuff it's not meant for, then you shouldn't be doing that stuff. Especially to your DD. That's just silly.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Why did you ask everyone where to buy and how much if you aren't going to buy?????
If you wanted to let everyone know you basically beat the crap out of your truck, that is fine, just state that in the thread.
If you cannot afford to fix your truck after beating the crap out of it and making it do stuff it's not meant for, then you shouldn't be doing that stuff. Especially to your DD. That's just silly.
why not? they did it on the show plenty.

and now I wont be able to find a decent 69 charger at a decent price, ever. damn those duke boys.

Quick Reply: must be time to go shopping for new shocks