3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
badfish88
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me

04 DODGE ram hemi, i pluged my boat in this mornin and the tail running lights did not work, but the brake and blinkers work. i unpluged the boat, and now the trucks tail running lights and front side lamps dont work now, but blinkers flashers and brakes work. i dont have the lamp out signal, and checked all fuses on the diagram in the service manual, all good and checked the relay switch with one out of a good truck, same model and still did not work. so all fuses and the relay is good, and i have no tail running lights, or front side lamps when the lights are on, just high and low beams. im dumb founded......i cant figure it out. i googled it and all i found was that the guy replaced the entire fuse box cause the dealer said there was a bad wire and it had to be replaced. please help

Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the 2004 wiring is the same as 03, it looks like you need to check Fuse 15 and the parking lamp relay. They're immediately upstream from the truck and the trailer tail circuits.

This also assumes the stock tow package and not an add-on.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM
badfish88
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the relay is fine, i checked it with a working one, i also checked all fuses and all of them have current flow. thats why im so confused