3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally got a SC Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
donjohnk
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the great buy... I too have a SC and enjoy it every day... Everyone has an opinion, how you want to take it is up to you.... As for the problem with SC and there software issues, no big deal here... Nuthin is perfect... I mean just think a few months ago everyone was worried about the blown trans deal with the diablo.... After a bit it cooled down... again, nuthin is perfect and just do your homework and know what you want, not what everyone else got.... No Pun intended here guys...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flwalks
I guess my 4.7 is not a man's truck but his hemi 4x4 is. Sound like he needs his hemi 4x4 to making up for other SHORT-comings.
I don't know if he's compensating or not, but I doubt that's the reason for RH's "manly" comment. He's just lookin' to pick a fight with me, and he'll soon find out that 6' of solid muscle is no match for 6'3" of solid mean

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrates, great price! My SC3865 certainly has made improvements on my 03 2wd. Now, I think I'll change my signature to include "2wd" just so there isn't any confusion about it's capabilities.....

Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

LMAO, pyro, RH, play nice you two. dammmnn gina, $140?! don't let anyone tell you that you made a bad purchase there.

RH, from what I remember, you were never even able to tell the truck was programmed. even if it didnt bump your power, you should have felt a difference in shift. if you didn't feel that, your truck was never programmed right.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

Since his truck is a 2003 I thought that a SC tuner was way better than a DSP. Oh on another forum I read occasionally where peoples Ram's are much more modded than most of everyone here's performance wise quite a few of them had transmission problems with the DSP. Since when do men put big shiny rims on a "offroad truck" that never is dirty?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Bigc9164
Veteran

nice! i hope i canget one soon!

and for you guys fighting about our trucks being fast. dodge rams are not fast! 4x4 weighs 500 pounds more ontop of our ALREADY super HEAVY trucks!!! trucks arent meant to go fast!! at least not 1500s. and i know it. i got the 4.7 2wd because it handles well for a truck and rides nice and has i nice sound and it a real TRUCK. when i need fast i can take my RX8 out and smoke any dodge ram on this forum! accept for maybe that guy with the supercharged hemi. he didnt buy his truck for the payload! but i sure wouldnt want to race him! so stop making comments about who has a 4.7 or hemi or 2wd or 4x4. it doesnt matter. its no competition!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
LMAO, pyro, RH, play nice you two. dammmnn gina, $140?! don't let anyone tell you that you made a bad purchase there.

RH, from what I remember, you were never even able to tell the truck was programmed. even if it didnt bump your power, you should have felt a difference in shift. if you didn't feel that, your truck was never programmed right.

your kinda right feejay , i did feel shifts but i had the problem in the performance tune that is why i was always running the tow tune. just wasnt for me thats all.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Pyro
He's just lookin' to pick a fight with me, and he'll soon find out that 6' of solid muscle is no match for 6'3" of solid mean
damm wil your 6'3" ???? didnt no $hit stacked that high. lol ..... i kinda like your little song and dance right there... did you get that from hammer?? btw im the same height and also btw other mods/admins we are just playin around hear wil and dave are friends. no need to get all uptight just havin funn.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Bigc9164
nice! i hope i canget one soon!

and for you guys fighting about our trucks being fast. dodge rams are not fast! 4x4 weighs 500 pounds more ontop of our ALREADY super HEAVY trucks!!! trucks arent meant to go fast!! at least not 1500s. and i know it. i got the 4.7 2wd because it handles well for a truck and rides nice and has i nice sound and it a real TRUCK. when i need fast i can take my RX8 out and smoke any dodge ram on this forum! accept for maybe that guy with the supercharged hemi. he didnt buy his truck for the payload! but i sure wouldnt want to race him! so stop making comments about who has a 4.7 or hemi or 2wd or 4x4. it doesnt matter. its no competition!
dude calm down the comment was made to teese pyro from me to him , had nothing to do with anyone else it was a inside joke thing man. and for the record i have nothing against anyone with a dodge car or truck all the same to me.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is getting beat to death, the damn SC vs. DSP crap.

They both serve the function they were designed for, and yes, both companies have had problems/issues they have had to deal with.

Currently, I own the SC. Great product, and unlike RH, I feel good gains with the performance tune. The transmission shifts, however, to me are the bread and butter of this unit, worth the cost by itself.

I will ultimately have to "hand me down" this unit to my Grand Cherokee, as the company does not support custom tunes, and I will need one with my very next mod.

The DSP currently DOES NOT support the transmission tunes for my current year model, so as a result, I feel that the unit is not right for me. But if they support your year truck, the unit is probably the best out there at this time, especially if you plan on mods beyond the CAI and Cat Back level.

I'd appreciate it if you guys would give your opinion on your particular tuner without slamming the other one. It's fine to report a negative issue, as long as you can back it up. I believe I was the first one to report on DF the transmission problems that DSP had. This was confirmed when I reported it, and was meant simply as information that I felt all who were looking at tuners should be aware of. It was by no means a BASH on Diablo, and if you look back, I stated that it WAS NOT a widespread issue...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 06-16-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally got a SC Tuner