3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally got a SC Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigc9164
nice! i hope i canget one soon!

and for you guys fighting about our trucks being fast. dodge rams are not fast! 4x4 weighs 500 pounds more ontop of our ALREADY super HEAVY trucks!!! trucks arent meant to go fast!! at least not 1500s. and i know it. i got the 4.7 2wd because it handles well for a truck and rides nice and has i nice sound and it a real TRUCK. when i need fast i can take my RX8 out and smoke any dodge ram on this forum! accept for maybe that guy with the supercharged hemi. he didnt buy his truck for the payload! but i sure wouldnt want to race him! so stop making comments about who has a 4.7 or hemi or 2wd or 4x4. it doesnt matter. its no competition!
after having one for a day, I don't think that's completely true. there will be more than just that one truck on here that can take you.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, a guy goes out for the night and comes back to an all out SC vs DSP debate . What it comes down to is the fact that they are both good products with strong points as well as areas where improvements can be made. I have had both of them and either one would be a good choice depending on the user's needs. Some guys have had problems with the SC and others have had problems with the DSP, but that is to be expected bc no product is ever perfect. The fact is, the OP got a great deal on his SC for $160 and if he is happy with his choice in tuners then that is all that matters. Like Hammer said, the SC vs DSP debate is like beating a dead horse bc people almost always think that whatever they have is better.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
VA4MEDS
Veteran
Thumbs up

You got a great deal there. I just sold my SC to a guy on DT and throughout the whole time I owned it the SC served me very well. No complaints at all.

The only reason I sold it was because I out modded it. Now I need a more programable tuner. I am leaning very hard toward an SCT.

You are going to love how your SC wakes up your beast.

ENJOY!!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Some guys have had problems with the SC and others have had problems with the DSP, but that is to be expected bc no product is ever perfect.
teach i have to say your wrong my dodge is a perfect product!!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
not really its FLAME red lol

Old 06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

LOL, I forgot about your perfect truck

Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damm wil your 6'3" ???? didnt no $hit stacked that high.
Somebody's been watching Full Metal Jacket

Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Pyro
Somebody's been watching Full Metal Jacket
bingo...snowflake!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Bigc9164
nice! i hope i canget one soon!

and for you guys fighting about our trucks being fast. dodge rams are not fast! 4x4 weighs 500 pounds more ontop of our ALREADY super HEAVY trucks!!! trucks arent meant to go fast!! at least not 1500s. and i know it. i got the 4.7 2wd because it handles well for a truck and rides nice and has i nice sound and it a real TRUCK. when i need fast i can take my RX8 out and smoke any dodge ram on this forum! accept for maybe that guy with the supercharged hemi. he didnt buy his truck for the payload! but i sure wouldnt want to race him! so stop making comments about who has a 4.7 or hemi or 2wd or 4x4. it doesnt matter. its no competition!
Ahhhh...you know RX8's aren't fast either right? I mean a mid 14 sec car isn't fast...there's plenty of QC hemi guys with bolt-ons running that. Unless you're spraying or pushing FI that RX8 is only good in the corners.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Ahhhh...you know RX8's aren't fast either right? I mean a mid 14 sec car isn't fast...there's plenty of QC hemi guys with bolt-ons running that. Unless you're spraying or pushing FI that RX8 is only good in the corners.
Yep, I agree.... Its a high rev machine, thats how those rotary motors work... top speed you smoke a ram but I see a challenge off the line....

Quick Reply: Finally got a SC Tuner