3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hella 500 wiring (dont kill me)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
DeaDinside
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella 500 wiring (dont kill me)

Hey,

Can someone send me the link to wire the hella 500 lights up, without wiring them to the highbeams...i cant seem to find the right link on here...THANKS

Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
cluffdaddy

i just wired mine up last night. all you have to do is connect the wire (mine was green) that is supposed to tap into the highs and run it to the battery... just make sure you dont cut out the in-line fuse. then you will be able to turn the hella's on at will.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cluffdaddy
i just wired mine up last night. all you have to do is connect the wire (mine was green) that is supposed to tap into the highs and run it to the battery... just make sure you dont cut out the in-line fuse. then you will be able to turn the hella's on at will.
Bad idea. That means your running 16amps through the 10amp rocker switch that comes with the kit. You must upgrade at least the rocker switch to do that.

here's the link scroll to post #18 https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-roa...oad-guide.html

Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
DeaDinside
Rookie

Thanks...

Quick Reply: Hella 500 wiring (dont kill me)