3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What should I expect SC 4.7?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
jackedupram02
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for clarifing these things fro me it helped me out a lot guys, when i get it next weekend i'll let you know how i made out.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackedupram02
thanks well i guess ill just hope for the best and hope its unlocked. Also another ? probably a stupid one but, for those who have a sc, would it be a good idea to store it somewhere in my truck for a "just in case" situation or are they really reliable you can leave it at home.
I always carried my SC with me incase I was in the mood to do some data logging and I now carry my DSP with me for the same reason. But these tuners are usually very reliable and I have never had a need for carrying it other than to do the data logging I mentioned.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:07 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

So pretty much I should just try hooking it up to my truck and see if it takes, and if it doesn't and its locked then I won't buy it, but if it works ill take it. But like superdak05 says if the tuner fails on a weekend when its already installed into my truck, ill be truckless until the monday right?
Just follow the directions and use common sense when installing the tune and you'll be fine. Turn all the power accessories off, when it says turn ignition to run but don't start DON'T start it , don't open the doors while the tune is actually installing....stuff like that. Also make sure your battery is in good enough condition to be able to supply a steady 12v's.

thanks well i guess ill just hope for the best and hope its unlocked. Also another ? probably a stupid one but, for those who have a sc, would it be a good idea to store it somewhere in my truck for a "just in case" situation or are they really reliable you can leave it at home.
There's no reason to store it in your truck permanently except for logging like teach said...once the tune is in it's in. Plus the extreme heat could damage the screen and who knows what else...and then there's the whole theft thing.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:39 PM
jackedupram02
Professional

those things are good to know thanks for the heads up, my luck someone will end up opening the door or something like that...haha

Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I kept mine in my truck for 2 or 3 days to make sure everything was set the way I wanted. Then I put it away in my garage for safe keeping.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
jackedupram02
Professional

Well i got the SC last weekend and I really can't tell a difference. Does it take awhile for the computer to adjust to the settings. I have it set on performance at the moment. I was at expecting to feel some difference especially having the 4.7L.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i've had my SC on my 4.7 for about 6 months now and i could tell a difference the first time i installed it.I mean it wasn't am "OH MY GOD!" difference.But hey,Its only a little 4.7.I could tell there was a bigger difference with it when i put on my intake and did the e-fan.i think the whole combonation of things Tuner,Intake,E-fan.Work really good together.its all bumped up my m.p.g. about 3+.Besides $80.00 wasn't bad at all.I paid $275 for mine.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I carry mine with me everywhere. And I like the firmer shift points.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:08 PM
bigmiah22
Veteran

If anyone knows where i can find a tuner for a good price PM me

Old 07-04-2009, 07:49 PM
reefguy89
Captain

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
i've had my SC on my 4.7 for about 6 months now and i could tell a difference the first time i installed it.I mean it wasn't am "OH MY GOD!" difference.But hey,Its only a little 4.7.I could tell there was a bigger difference with it when i put on my intake and did the e-fan.i think the whole combonation of things Tuner,Intake,E-fan.Work really good together.its all bumped up my m.p.g. about 3+.Besides $80.00 wasn't bad at all.I paid $275 for mine.
where did you get the e-fan and controller?

Quick Reply: What should I expect SC 4.7?