3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ups sucks.. I'm gonna find this driver....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ups sucks.. I'm gonna find this driver....

Last night UPS deliverd my rims and tires one from Discount tire. I was not at home. 2 grand worth of rims and tires sat on my front side walk over night. My phone number was on the packing slip, dumb *** driver could have called me on my cell..

When I called UPS and complained that the driver was a stupid &&** for leaving the Rims and tires on my door step, I was advised that the shipper ( discount tire ) did not request my sig for conformation of delivery.

How many delivery people leave your Appliances on your front step over night ...

Any person with a ounce of brain power would left a yellow delivery slip, and took back the rims and tires to the UPS outlet.

Had my tires disapeared, UPS would have wanted me to contact discount tire and have discount tire put a trace on UPS shipment of my goods and UPS would contact the driver..

UPS handed the shipment from Salt Lake, all the way to Calgary Alberta Canada ..

I was tracking the progress on line and not expecting delivery until the 26 of june.

My advice to you all, if your order good's on line, have the company your buying goods from request thier shipper to get your sig. on delivery.

I'm not blaming discount tire, just the DUMD Calgary UPS driver dropping off my Rims and tires 5 mim before his/her shift was over..

Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had items in the $500-$1000 range left on my porch. I usually don't worry about it because where i live but i can understand your frustration.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Just for that reason I have everything delivered to where I work. Plus that way I dont have to explain to the wife!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RaiderJay6
Just for that reason I have everything delivered to where I work. Plus that way I dont have to explain to the wife!
DITTO on that one.....much easier to disguise new mods that way too.....lol.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a $4000 order from moes on my doorstep for 5 hrs one day until i got home from work. I actually requested there not be a sig required because im NEVER home when the ups guys come. I live in a gated community anyway so its not a big deal with crime...still kinda unnerving though, having that kind of $$ sittin on your doorstep.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
all of 75
Veteran

I would be pissed if a UPS driver did that to me. Luckily, all of them have left a note by my door about when they will return etc. so there were no worries of the expensive product just sitting.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

I try to stay away from them as much as possible. I ordered a sink from the US and the depot had 4 identical sinks sitting there with different names on them and they wanted me to take all 4? I took 1 and left.(with my future business)

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

HA! I got you all beat. I had DHL leave a $30k check on my front door when I lived in an apartment. Yeah, I was pissed.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by all of 75
I would be pissed if a UPS driver did that to me. Luckily, all of them have left a note by my door about when they will return etc. so there were no worries of the expensive product just sitting.

ditto

Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by RaiderJay6
Yep everything I get comes to my office for those reasons right there. There is always someone there to sign for it and I dont have to hear anything from the wife about the order

Quick Reply: ups sucks.. I'm gonna find this driver....