3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ups sucks.. I'm gonna find this driver....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I have purchased SEVERAL hundred parts for my Mustang in the past 3-4years, so i know my Fedex and UPS drivers well. Fedex brings things around to the back door and UPS puts stuff in the back by my garage. For wheels or big packages, UPS guy will put them inside the garage for me. I showed him where i keep my spare. he's a good guy. I give him a Christmas card and $50 every year.

You cannot blame the driver. They simply do as they are told. No Sig delivery, they MUST deliver or they get chewed out. Their system will not allow the packages to be brough back and re-delivered without a sig confirmation. The driver explained everything to me, so i think you just need to better understand how their system works.
Maybe the next time, your driver will throw your box around inside the truck before he leaves it at your door step. then you'll have to go through the claims process, so don't **** him off! You can request del. confirmation if you ask Discount tire to do that. i personally hate Confirmation because I';m never home when they deliver and i get out of work after the UPS place closes so i would never get my packages.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPS will not admit fault because I did not request a sig, or give them instructions.
Okay, my fault and I would like the first time people who buy items on line to know how UPS works.

Several things P me off with UPS, first, my tires and rims where deliverd one day sooner than I expected, 2nd, no care or attention in insuring the safety of my goods, they are the shipper, and until I physically handel the items, ups is still responsable for them, even if they sit on my door step.

UPS could have called me and told me the items are going to be delevred bewtean x Am and X PM. Next time I order any thing, I will pick it up at the shippers local depot.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429
UPS will not admit fault because I did not request a sig, or give them instructions.
Okay, my fault and I would like the first time people who buy items on line to know how UPS works.

Several things P me off with UPS, first, my tires and rims where deliverd one day sooner than I expected, 2nd, no care or attention in insuring the safety of my goods, they are the shipper, and until I physically handel the items, ups is still responsable for them, even if they sit on my door step.

UPS could have called me and told me the items are going to be delevred bewtean x Am and X PM. Next time I order any thing, I will pick it up at the shippers local depot.
So let me get this straight. Your pissed off that your item arrived sooner than expected, and you're pissed off that the wheels were sitting on your doorstep even though you didn't specify a signature for delivery?

Do you know how many packages they ship? It would be near impossible to tell you the exact time of delivery. They don't know what weather, traffic, airports, etc are going to be like. UPS is also not responsible for the package after it's been delivered. Their job was done. It's your responsibility after that.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:25 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429

I know for a fact that Discount Tire gives tracking info. When the update says "Out for delivery". You can expect your packages to be delivered anytime between 9am-6pm That's their hours of delivery. Well around here it is.

You should have checked on the tracking info. Only 1 time out of several hundred deliveries has a package not been on my door when the tracking info said it would be. only because they delivered it to the wrong street.

If you are worried about your items on your street.....Leave a note for the driver and they will usually try to work with you on it. Like a little sticky and the door saying UPS in bold and then....Please deliver around back. Thank You OR put wheels inside garage door and leave the side door open. if you ask them to lock it, they will. i have yet to find an aggressive driver that is rude.

I used to deliver myself and most of the guys are descent. UPS will side with the driver before the customer especially if they have Seniority and been there for years which is generally the case.

I wouldn't get the driver in a bad mood. He will remember you and purposely drop your packages off when your not home next time. They will go out of their way to P*ss you off but still stay within Company policy.
Your at a loose loose situation. So suck it up and just remember for the next time. otherwise, you'll just be stepping on your own toes.

ANYWAYS, are the wheels damaged, were they stolen??? You have them and a day early and your in a bad mood? Dude, put those suckers on, drive around and snap some pics and quit complaining already! We want some PICS!!!!....

That little bit works most of the time.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPS is completely right, its the shippers fault, not theres. if your job was to take a box to a door, thats your job. box-> door. doesnt matter if theres air or solid gold. now if your job offers options to drop it off at the door aka sign for that $hit, thats a different story. so its discount tires fault, or yours for not opting for the signature delivery

Quick Reply: ups sucks.. I'm gonna find this driver....