3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hey guys, Couple of things if you don't mind

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 01:07 AM
JoshGotaHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also believe there's a good chance you've got an air pocket in there, possibly amongst other issues. Did you perform the bleeding procedure after replacing the stat? How much coolant are you dumping in every day? is it just a little here and there, or are you laying in quarts at a time?

As far as replacing a head gasket in your friends back yard... I'd never disrespect the abilities of anyone I've never met or seen work. But replacing a head gasket is a BIG job, and your truck is quite a bit different than a 68 or 69 Camaro. If that's the road you get led down make sure you know what you're getting into, the outcome could be a lot worse if it's not done right.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshGotaHemi
I also believe there's a good chance you've got an air pocket in there, possibly amongst other issues. Did you perform the bleeding procedure after replacing the stat? How much coolant are you dumping in every day? is it just a little here and there, or are you laying in quarts at a time?

As far as replacing a head gasket in your friends back yard... I'd never disrespect the abilities of anyone I've never met or seen work. But replacing a head gasket is a BIG job, and your truck is quite a bit different than a 68 or 69 Camaro. If that's the road you get led down make sure you know what you're getting into, the outcome could be a lot worse if it's not done right.
I'm not dumping in a LOT whenever I do, but it's not just a small amnt either, if that makes sense.

I just meant he's good with automotive stuff in general. I'm about %90 sure he can do it. He used to be a mechanic somewhere noteworthy lol. I don't know where exactly, I was like 10 whenever I found out about what his dad did and I didn't really care...I mean, I was 10. haha.

Sorry if this isn't the most coherent post, I just got home from last night. That being said, it's nap time. I'll catch up here later

Quick Reply: Hey guys, Couple of things if you don't mind