3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went to the track tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the track tonight....

Not in the Ram, but took the Hemi 'rango down the 1/8 a couple times.

I am so desperate to run something down the track, I went ahead and took the wife's Durango with me. I told myself Id be 'happy' with a 10.5, first run was a 10.446 @ 68mph, blazing huh?? Lol, beats a blank though, better than just watching. If anything, I have a hellofa bracket racer. Very consistant, slow, but consistant. The worst run was a 10.51, and the best was the very last, a 10.444 @ 67 mph.

Very strange, the more I 'stalled' it up, the worse my times were. The 2 10.5** runs I had, I was standing on the brake, stalling it up to3.5k or so. Leaving @ 2k, got my better runs...??? Doesnt make sense....

Rwd hemi 'rangos with intake/exhaust dyno around 247 to the wheels. Mine is awd, with exhaust only, so Im MAYBE putting 225 to the ground, if that. Thats how inefficient these dodge trannies are.

BTW, whats the difference b/t curb weight and gross vehicle weight rating? The curb is 5100, and the gvwr is 6600?? Either way, its heavy.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curb weight is how much it weighs sitting in your driveway with a full tank of gas but nobody in it. Gross vehicle weight rating is the maximum weight you're supposed to have while loaded up with people and gear.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
Curb weight is how much it weighs sitting in your driveway with a full tank of gas but nobody in it. Gross vehicle weight rating is the maximum weight you're supposed to have while loaded up with people and gear.
ditto!

but all that matters is you had fun and the ***** to run good job man

Quick Reply: Went to the track tonight....