3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Opinions on single side exit exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:10 AM
alienyzf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on single side exit exhaust????

I just want a little more noize and possible some more performance and mpg. The shops around me suggested a dynomax turbo or a IMCO Turbo muffler. Whats your opinion?

Old 03-19-2005, 10:37 AM
magnum v8
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Opinions on single side exit exhaust????

You need a high flow muffler. I don't know about Dynomax or IMCO. But, you could also probably use upgraded piping. Which model truck do you have? I've got the 2002 4.7 and just installed the JBA stainless steel cat-back. It is a single side exit. It works wonderfully, and sounds awesome too.

I read on another post that the 4.7's do better with a single 3-inch side exit, as compared to duals. You'll have to search if you have the HEMI or higher.

In either case, I recommend a high flow muffler, in combination with new mandrel bent piping from the converter back. All of these pieces should be stainless steel. It is more expensive, but will last forever.

John

Quick Reply: Opinions on single side exit exhaust????