3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sirius radio???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
thats the same head unit that i have...

just checked, and indeed it displays the info...i havent messed with it much honestly. thanks for posting that! do you have any pictures of your speaker setup?
Your Welcome, I don't have any pics yet,I'm gonna post alot of pics next week after I get My leveling kit done and get the new wheels and tires on it. The wheels should be here Weds. morning and I'm doing the leveling kit Friday,then alignment shop, then on with the new shoes! I can't wait

Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id like to add something to our sound system at some point, but i cant give up my underseat storage...

Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
amanda doesnt think that sirius is worth getting, but i think that if i could get her to hear it for some time, she would like it...how are you guys getting these trial periods?
She will change her mind once she gets it, IMO its great, I got a year free when I bought my truck new and I have continued to buy it as well as another unit for my car. I was the same as she was until I actually had it. Its amazing for long trips and such. No channel changes and so on. The merger made things a tad bumpy but its all straightened out and the channels are pretty much back to order and rockin. Now I do get some cut out when getting stuck under an underpass, or in a tunnel. The trees dont really affect it much, though. As far as finding the ID Number there's a key sequence you have to follow, your owners manual should have something on it, Pat. Its like hold this button for so many secs and then this button, and then it displays the ID number.

As far as displaying more then the Channel Number, the Dakotas with the Premium 6 CD/MP3/SAT/AM/FM Radio Displays it all for the SAT: Channel Number, Time, Artist and Song. Its the same Radio you guys have apicture of. Now when you use the radio its dependent on the Station as someone else stated.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 AM
wingnutks
Professional

Yea I have the base radio, it doesnt display the station. I am getting some cut out of the sirius radio when I am under thick tree cover. I will likely be getting an indash NAV with sat radio so the only thing I will be using from the truck is the antenna

Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wingnutks
Yea I have the base radio, it doesnt display the station. I am getting some cut out of the sirius radio when I am under thick tree cover. I will likely be getting an indash NAV with sat radio so the only thing I will be using from the truck is the antenna
That'll cure it

Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Flyman1981
Amateur

I have an 08 with infinity sound, but base radio. Mine only displays channel number as well. Kinda ppisses me off.

Isn't there a sat radio module under the dash somewhere that plugs into the deck? If so, can you swap to a better deck and maintain your sat radio subscription?

Quick Reply: Sirius radio???