3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Torsion bar question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Muppet
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torsion bar question

cranked the bolts down on the bars, but the driver side seems to sit lower than the pass side, no matter how much more I crank the bolt on the driver side the pass side still stays about 1/2" higher. Also do you guys normaly just crank them untill they hit the little lock in there?

I have a apt to get the alignment on Monday, and i will be looking for longer shocks also.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to back them out with the tires up in the air to realive preassure.. then make equal turns on the bolts
if that dont work you have a full gas tank

Old 07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya I only had to crank mine 5 turns to get 2" outta them. you definatly dont wanna be cranking them too much and put too much stress on it. make sure you jack the tires off the ground. and take it for a drive after so everything will settle back down. then do your final measure.

I just did my 2" drop shackles and it took a good 2 days of driving for them to settle down.

Quick Reply: Torsion bar question