3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
JoshGotaHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Question

Hey everyone,

Just finished doing my torsion keys and rear add-a-leafs on my 2003 1500 4x4 and put the truck on the rack at work to do an alignment. I was curious if anyone has specs for the alignment with those mods done? Our computer at work only has factory specs, and I'm not really sure where to go from there. I just brought the toe in spec real quick since that's the most noticable thing, but I wanted to get the camber and caster in before I put the new tires/rims on. Here's what I have right now:

LF Camber: Actual +0.47' Spec -0.30'/+0.30'
LF Caster: Actualy +3.01' Spec +4.00'/+4.57'
LF Toe: Actual +0.01' Spec -0.03/+0.03'

RF Camber: Actual +0.50' Spec -0.30'/+0.30'
RF Caster: Actualy +2.51Spec +4.00'/+4.57'
RF Toe: Actual +0.02' Spec -0.03/+0.03'

On the rear the thrust angle is good, but camber and caster on the front are quite a bit out, wanted to make sure I had the right specs before I started moving things. Can anyone tell me how the slotted adjustments work on the upper control arm? Is one for camber and one for caster or are they adjusted simaltaneously? I just have to loosen up the bolts and move the control arm to see where I need to go, or is there another procedure? I wish everyone used eccentric cams, that'd make life soo much easier. Thanks for the help.

Josh

Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
PETE_YK
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see why you couldnt use the factory specs regardless...

I cranked the $hit out of my torsion bars and got the truck aligned to factory specs with no problems.

Quick Reply: Alignment Question