3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Programmer and CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:51 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmer and CAI

At the moment, I plan to take it easy for at least a month before I jump into my next project. I'm very pleased with the progress of my modifcations done so far, and I'm loving the truck. But, I do have my eyes on purchasing a cold air intake kit and a programmer.

I pretty much already have my mind set on the Volant set-up for our trucks. I've always loved how clean they look, and how they have an enclosed box that draws air from the factory air duct. They also look very professional under the hood, and I don't think they would scare buyers away from the truck if they saw it like a K&N might,

As for a programmer, I've heard people on this forum talk about a lot of them. Obviously Superchips and the Diablo Predator are talked mostly of, but I'm not sure what you guys suggest. I've noticed a lot of guys have said that Superchips hasn't really made an upgrade in a while, giving us the feeling they may be done trying to improve further options. What are the pros and cons of these two programmers, what kind of improvements in performance should I expect, and what is the typical price range you guys paid for yours? All of your input would be mighty helpful, thanks!!

Old 07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i had the hemi i would get the diablo just from word-of-mouth
but i have a 5.9L so i love my superchips.
if you do get a programmer look for a used one i found myne for $150.

diablo info:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...d-reviews.html

superchips info:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...d-updates.html

Quick Reply: Programmer and CAI