3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit on an 08 different than other 3rd gens?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Bimmerdan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit on an 08 different than other 3rd gens?

Hello,
I talked to Fat Bobs today and was told that the 08 used struts and that there was no need to put new ones on for a two inch lift on the front. Does this sound right? I have been reading the archives and see that the OEM will work but wear out quick. Is this true on my 08?

Thanks
Also since your looking at this, what tires are you guys with 20's running after the leveling kit and what do you think?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I have a 2006 and used a 2"TUff Country leveling kit basically coil spacers that bolt right on top of the facory struts....Here's the one I have it should fit yours too... http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...eling-kit.html

I can't tell you about the wear because I just put it on last weekend.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Bimmerdan

I wound up getting the hell bent steel ones on ebay, I had enought ebay bucks built up to pay for them and tow hooks. I was just more concerned about the shock wear, becuse if im going to get it alinged I might as well do the struts first. Thanks Tough I'm figuring a pretty sreaight forward install maybe just a little tough with my little floor jack.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit on an 08 different than other 3rd gens?