3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help me choose a tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 PM
That1guy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a tire

So i'm getting new tires for the ram here in about a month. It's had the Mastercraft At's on it for the last two years. They have been ok. Only lasted 30,000 milles. Now they squeal around turns and wont grip in the rain.

I'm really thinking about leveling the front up a bit and the 265/70's look small. I'd like to run something like a 285/70/17.

I'd like toget an aggresive tire, but nothing in the mud tire since i really dont play with the truck. I've been considering the FC II's and the goodyear duratrac's. My buddy has ran the FC's on his jeeps for a few years and really likes them. A lot of people seem to like the duratrac. Anything else that falls into this hybrid AT/MT tire category?

http://www.roughcountry.com/images_large/cepek_fcII.jpg

http://www.groftekanten.no/groftekan.../duratrac1.jpg

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Been running the FCIIs for 19k miles now, I travel the highway from central Florida to my land up in central Ga. to hunt/fish/etc.

So I needed a tire wouldn't get chewed up on the concrete but yet play in the mud when I get there.

Best tire I've ever run, no doubt in my mind...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
SARRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run BFG All-Terrains, 285/70 R17s on my 04' ram 1500 and they have been beauty. Run them year round from 30 below and 4ft of snow, up and down from the ski hills to 35 degrees above on super hot pavement and everything in between. Next set will be a little bigger, likely 315s but I can't complain about the 285s. All the company trucks run BFG A/T 265/70s and they have all been kept out of the ditches. All the ministry of forests, fisheries and oceans and conservation officers run them too. Solid tire. This area has some wicked terrain and they seem to be the tire of choice.

-Kamloops, BC, Canada.

Cheers,

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cooper zeon ltz is a really good tire and is pretty cheap too

Quick Reply: Help me choose a tire