3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

60-65mph shaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 PM
beez
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it a shake or a vibration? when i drive around 65-70 my truck goes like hummm then xxx xxx xxx and it continually does it esp. uphill but not downhill.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:19 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

mine is like a shake... side to side

Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Bobby M
Amateur

Originally Posted by beez
is it a shake or a vibration? when i drive around 65-70 my truck goes like hummm then xxx xxx xxx and it continually does it esp. uphill but not downhill.
I guess it's a little of both. The best way to describe it is it feels like I'm driving on a bad/bumpy road or something, cause at first that's all I thought it was. But after driving it on a bad new section of highway (not to mention that it stops between 65-70 mph) I realized it had to be something with the truck.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
jfrerichs89
Rookie

i have the same sort of problem. my truck vibrates between 30 and 35 mph. its a real low noise and sounds almost like im running over a rumble strip

Old 07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
onebadasssram

I have an 03 i had at the dealer 4 times for sort of the same exact prob. higher speeds truck shook figured out after it broke off on the road the new design cv joints on the front end were the cause check those before anything else dodge had a very big problem with out of balanced cv joints tore my 4wd diff gear all up had to replace it also due to this problem if you feel its bad make them replace it trust me it is worth it to argue and make them replace it vs. having it snap off on the road like what happended to me.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Bobby M
Amateur

Originally Posted by onebadasssram
I have an 03 i had at the dealer 4 times for sort of the same exact prob. higher speeds truck shook figured out after it broke off on the road the new design cv joints on the front end were the cause check those before anything else dodge had a very big problem with out of balanced cv joints tore my 4wd diff gear all up had to replace it also due to this problem if you feel its bad make them replace it trust me it is worth it to argue and make them replace it vs. having it snap off on the road like what happended to me.
Man, that doesn't sound like a good experience at all.

I'm waiting for the shake to get more noticeable - hopefully it will get like before. Then I'm going to take it back to Dodge and raise hell about it. I'll let you all know what they (eventually) determine what the problem is.

I just don't want to bring it back to them until it's pretty noticeable. I don't want to give them any excuses why they can't feel the shake. You know, I don't want to be the little boy who cried wolf...

Quick Reply: 60-65mph shaking