3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Detail Gone Bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if these two photos suck, but I wanted to give you an idea of what my truck looks like. Although this is just the tailgate in these pictures, my entire truck looks like this when the sunlight hits the paint the right way, or when headlights illuminate the truck at night..

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

There's a lot of glare, but you can definitely see the buff marks. I'll bet it's worse in person. I would give the guy two options 1-Refund my money! 2-See you in court! Let him pick. If he doesn't give you your money back, it's been my experience when people like this get hit with court papers, the give in right away. I don't know about your state, but in Cali, it's only $20 to file for Small Claims. If (when) he gives in, just have him refund you the court costs also.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
flwalks
Professional

Originally Posted by lxman1
Welcome to the wonderful world of black paint!!! My last truck was black, beautiful when clean, but a PITA to keep it that way!! Never again.
+1 on that. Its bad enough I have a black bike and hated my previous black truck. Looks great when new and clean but down hill from there.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I agree brother, I do not want him to touch my paint again. He's trying to get me to swing by to show him the truck, but I know he's going to be a dick about it and try to plead his case. Honestly though, what can you plead? The swirls are there. I'm just going to show up and ask him for the refund, I do not want him trying it again.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I agree brother, I do not want him to touch my paint again. He's trying to get me to swing by to show him the truck, but I know he's going to be a dick about it and try to plead his case. Honestly though, what can you plead? The swirls are there. I'm just going to show up and ask him for the refund, I do not want him trying it again.
Good call man. If he couldn't do it right the first time he doesn't deserve another chance bc now he is probably pissed at you and will do a worse job than the first time. Just get your money back and either do it yourself or find a good shop to take it to. When are you headed back to get your money?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Because he doesn't know how to buff. I can buff a black car at midnight and not have buff marks. He prob used the wrong pad with whatever material he used to buff it with???

Old 07-15-2009, 12:29 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Wow, what an interesting visit I had at the detailing shop today. I showed up and of course the clouds were covering the sun, so he just kept telling me how great it looked. Then he went on to say how much time he put into the truck just for me, and how he never puts more time into vehicles more than me blah blah. I told him I didn't know what to say, I said the buff marks are there and that's all I know. Then he went on to say that the truck was covered in swirl marks when it first came in. But then I said well I had never seen them before the detail, in to which re retorted was because now that the truck had been cleaned and polished they were prevalent. So then I told him gee maybe I should just have a dirty truck because it was alot better than seeing swirl marks. Basically we went back and forth for an hour getting nowhere. I ended the conversation by telling him I wasn't happy, and that I've never had to debate a business owner this much in my life. He just kept insisting he did the best job, and that he know he did a great job blah blah. So I just got in my truck ans said call me if you come up with something but as it stands now, I am upset.

So about 15 minutes later he called me back. He said he wants to try to fix it, but he said he's worried if he tries to fix it again, I'm not going to be happy. He told me that he did his absolute best, so he doesn't know how to fix something that he thinks doesn't need fixing lol. So I told him he can have the truck Friday morning. I know he knows he messed up, and I know he knows what it takes to fix it, he jsut wasn't willing to admit that in front of all his employees. This shop is crazy lol. They are called PORTLAND TINT, go look them up lol.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Wow, what an interesting visit I had at the detailing shop today. I showed up and of course the clouds were covering the sun, so he just kept telling me how great it looked. Then he went on to say how much time he put into the truck just for me, and how he never puts more time into vehicles more than me blah blah. I told him I didn't know what to say, I said the buff marks are there and that's all I know. Then he went on to say that the truck was covered in swirl marks when it first came in. But then I said well I had never seen them before the detail, in to which re retorted was because now that the truck had been cleaned and polished they were prevalent. So then I told him gee maybe I should just have a dirty truck because it was alot better than seeing swirl marks. Basically we went back and forth for an hour getting nowhere. I ended the conversation by telling him I wasn't happy, and that I've never had to debate a business owner this much in my life. He just kept insisting he did the best job, and that he know he did a great job blah blah. So I just got in my truck ans said call me if you come up with something but as it stands now, I am upset.

So about 15 minutes later he called me back. He said he wants to try to fix it, but he said he's worried if he tries to fix it again, I'm not going to be happy. He told me that he did his absolute best, so he doesn't know how to fix something that he thinks doesn't need fixing lol. So I told him he can have the truck Friday morning. I know he knows he messed up, and I know he knows what it takes to fix it, he jsut wasn't willing to admit that in front of all his employees. This shop is crazy lol. They are called PORTLAND TINT, go look them up lol.
Man, I swear you have the worst luck with the shops you go to. This story reminds me of your tranny adventures with your 2nd gen Ram.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

hell yeah.. dude i wouldnt let him keep my money.. id be like give me money.. or face my fist. ur choice.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

why are you letting them touch your truck again? just get your money and go to another place

Quick Reply: Detail Gone Bad