3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shopping time!!! - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
My dealer still has about 8 brand new 08 4x4's left. Some well equipped. If you were at Ft. Knox, I'd hook you up.
Funny you should mention that, I have been looking into going to Ft Knox soon, I got a few friends there, military of course... one is getting out soon.

Originally Posted by JJn5526
I got my 2008 truck brand new for $22,000 with only 5 miles on it... and i think the check engine light is on cuz its not started.. but hell the gas lights on for that price it better be a full tank of gas included
Yeah - I think the engine was started, and these were taken when they got it in, I am think about contacting the dealership about it today. Depends if I can talk today. My temp has lowered, it is still 100.5-101.2 still but I dont feel like a pile of goo now, but I have no voice and still coughin, throwing up and sneezing like no other.

Originally Posted by casper3380
Ft sill huh, i went there for basic a LONG time ago,lol. Id talk to them but i would look around for something cheaper to use as ammo to bring them down. Thats about what i paid new for mine, within 500 bucks. Good luck and get better soon.
I actually got a few job perspectives/standing offers there, and since my friend is home and I have help with the kiddos down there (we tag team, we both have 2 rugrats each) and I have lived there before, I am looking to move back there. I am going back within the next few days. I will also know more definitely once I know if I am accepted into college or not. I hope so. I will be elated if college and jobs pan out down there, I miss having a sense of home... sad when I feel more at home on a military base than I do in the apartment that I have to live in right now. Too many memories that I wish I can forget.

Originally Posted by 2005cobrakiller
shoulda bought a girlfriend now that i think about it lmao oh man if i didnt laugh at myself i swear no one would haha i win and uhhh grey trucks rock
Laughing and having fun when you can is what life is all about, I laugh at myself more than I should, same with putting myself down for stupid stuff Ive done, but the good out weighs the bad. That's all that matters... and hey - I'm all for Silver Trucks too!! LMAO

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 07-14-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Im working on yours now, should be done with it in the next day or two - Make sure you are subcribed to my sig thread (link is in my signature)

Thanks

Old 07-14-2009, 04:28 PM
mmstar23
Champion

my buddy bought pretty much that exact same truck, but had 35k miles on it for $16,500

Old 07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Ok so I am going to call the dealership on this truck tomorrow morning, other than obviously the price what else should I ask about?

Ideas anyone?

Im making my own list but anything will be helpful in case you all think of something that I have not, if this is something that will seem to be a good thing, and I can get a few things taken care of I may have them put the truck on hold and I come out there to test drive it. Gotta love family that work for airlines...

Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
Ok so I am going to call the dealership on this truck tomorrow morning, other than obviously the price what else should I ask about?

Ideas anyone?

Im making my own list but anything will be helpful in case you all think of something that I have not, if this is something that will seem to be a good thing, and I can get a few things taken care of I may have them put the truck on hold and I come out there to test drive it. Gotta love family that work for airlines...
lol yea my whole family does.

i would just look around the truck make sure theres nothing major also check if the maintainence has been kept up but im sure you know that already lol

Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
lol yea my whole family does.

i would just look around the truck make sure theres nothing major also check if the maintainence has been kept up but im sure you know that already lol
yeah I do, I was talking about over the phone, as in talking to them, of course that is all pending on I can talk in the morning, man I hate being sick and in bed...

I told my friend that I got sick after being around him, gave him my symptoms and he told me that I haven't been to Kuwait so he can rule out it being the actual 'Kuwait crud' but maybe with everyone there and the stuff on the uniforms from Kuwait is what got me...

Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
xill
Captain

pull a carfax report on the VIN#. very important these days...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

*attempts to scream in frustration but fails miserably*

guess I aint calling them this morning.... Grrrrr....

Old 07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

So update...

The dealership said that they only way they would finance me w/o co-signer before I got the check in my lap was to trade in the balt... which I didnt have an issue with... til they offered me 5k for the balt with the miles that it has on it (47k)... I know the economy is bad and all that but I owe 7k on the balt... So cant do that

So the waiting game continues... *growls*

--Cow-Chick--

Old 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM
draco8494
Captain

i paid 19k for my 04 2500 SLT with the sport package..and i still think i overpaid i bought it in 06 but hey i love it, and like said above the check engine light is on....and yeah ide try n get more out of ur car, i got 1500 for a toyota truck that wasent even road worthy

Last edited by draco8494; 07-19-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Shopping time!!! - pic heavy