3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best Headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
theuscfan04
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a pioneer a month or so ago and hated it so I took it back and decided too spend a little extra and go with a Clarion HU. In the past Ive always loved Clarion units and they are still by far one of the best out there. This is the HU I bought from the same store and got it very quickly and it even came with the install kit and I think it would be perfect for what your looking for, also the multi-color function lets you change the face color to matche the interior lighting, or just whatever you want.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sonic-El...&submit=Search

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theuscfan04
I bought a pioneer a month or so ago and hated it so I took it back and decided too spend a little extra and go with a Clarion HU. In the past Ive always loved Clarion units and they are still by far one of the best out there. This is the HU I bought from the same store and got it very quickly and it even came with the install kit and I think it would be perfect for what your looking for, also the multi-color function lets you change the face color to matche the interior lighting, or just whatever you want.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sonic-El...&submit=Search
you got rid if the pioneer and the clarion was MORE expensive?? clarion, IMO, is not exactly high quality stuff, much cheaper to begin with. so if it was morere expensive, ur comparing a high level clarion with a low level pioneer.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
theuscfan04
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got rid if the pioneer and the clarion was MORE expensive?? clarion, IMO, is not exactly high quality stuff, much cheaper to begin with. so if it was morere expensive, ur comparing a high level clarion with a low level pioneer.
I will have to totally disagree with that response. IMO car stereo enthusiasts I have dealt with would all say that Clarion is a much better product than a Pioneer any day. Clarion, Eclipse and Alpine have been the top choice for many car stereo enthusiasts for many years and again IMO are much better than Pioneer, JVC, Sony, Kenwood ..etc. and know I dont mean comparing a high end unit to a cheapo unit either, basically same price range units.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
fish n chicks
Rookie

Pioneer was the way to go. I run a Premier in my truck, and have now for almost 6 years. I was going to suggest this bad boy ( http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-...3A1%7C294%3A50) but you got that covered.

I'd also support going with infinties if you're running subs.

Upgrading your stock head unit is the single best upgrade you can make to any vehicle. Good choice.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Markmm0000
Professional

if you have the infinity stock system in ur truck i suggest having someone else hook it up.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never dealt with Clarion components, but I do know that they have to be cheaply made considering the insane price drops the audio shops around here do on them.
I DO have personal expierence with Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, Eclipse, Infinity, Kicker, Awaia, Jensen, and alpine. Out of all of those, I would still push Pioneer/ Premeir.

If CNFD gets the correct harness, the stock infinity speakers shouldn't be a problem. Only if he gets a true plug and play harness though. Last I checked those were around $50.00.
Not to mention, if he's going to change the speakers out, he should go ahead and run all new wire as well. That's the one thing that most people cheap out on, and it will bite you in the *** every time.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
casper3380
Veteran

brands, ive had alot, favs are alpine and eclipse(which i run now). the 4100 series is a good deck for its price range. I would defiantly upgrade the stereo speakers, they will sound alot better than even the infinity stock speakers. You need to decide what kind of sound you are wanting(bass included and how much you want in power there) and if you will need an outboard amp or not. When you get to subs, what are you looking for? boom accuracy, etc. and how much wattage ie how loud?

Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep your stock unit for now and upgrade the speakers first. You'll be amazed at the difference in clarity.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

I got my pioneer today I love it, I dont know, I think it is all prefrence.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:59 AM
dunerider650
Veteran

i have a pioneer deh-ps6800mp in my truck have had it for 3 years...amazing head unit

Quick Reply: Best Headunit?