3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Which route did you/will you take???
Power and performance First/Leave visual mods stock (or close to it)
28.07%
Visual mods First/Leave Performance Stock
7.02%
A little of both here and there
64.91%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Appearance vs Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 AM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like everyone else i go back and forth and try to choose visual mods that also affect performance (and vice versa). but i will admit that i'm much more visual. there's only so much performance you can pack in, and i'm not the type to act like a jerk off at the stop lights. even if i was sittin in a F430, who cares? not getting another cali-size speeding ticket for anybody!! and i'm not into the 1/4 mile scene too much anymore either. for me it's all about having a truck that turns heads, has enough ***** to do what i want it to, and has as much if not more interior luxury than a caddy or lincoln. all for my own personal enjoyment

Old 07-21-2009, 01:00 AM
04 neon
Rookie

Performance first, but I like a suble appearance, not ones that scream LOOKY HERE!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I think,like with my harley,you have to make it yours,an expression of yourself as your wallet will allow. I used to be all about the Horsepower when I was younger now performance means more to me that just 0-60,like Hammer said a lift,wheels/tires can be both looks and performance enhancements. Usually when you start modding a vehicle it snowballs,more power=beefed up drivetrain parts,big tires lead to gears,so on and so on.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 AM
BIGFERM
Professional

Like everyone else, a lil bit both back n forth. Jus got my Flowmaster Super 40 muffler with the dual turndowns put in today, and man...it was great to have a RUMBLING truck again haha...it'd been over 5 years since I'd had a truck to call my own. Also got my 2.5" leveling kit coming in this week to gimme a project to do for the weekend. Kinna thinkin bout paintin my wheels black too while I'm at it...hmmm

Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 AM
gohan10x

Like I sadi before, I believe in a mix of things that will do both at the same time to get the most "bang for your buck."

But as for performance, If you're working with the V6 I wouldn't bother doing a whole lot if your talking street speed.

Always remember: No matter how fast your vehicle is, it's only going to go as fast as that POS in front of you. It's a sad fact of city driving.

Quick Reply: Appearance vs Performance