3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is LMC a reputable company

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 PM
mopardad68
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is LMC a reputable company

I was going to order a hood,head lights and some tail lights from LMC, but before i do i was wondering if any of yall have ordered from them and if they are a decent company and if they are reputable, dont want to get shafted or get the run around, thanks yall

Old 07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

i dunno, but i ordered a catalog from them a month ago and its STILL not here!. on the other hand ive seen some truck shows on "power block" saturday mornings that have ordered parts from them. so if "they" order from them its gotta be good stuff right?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM
06DodgeRam2500

Lmc is one of the best companies when it comes to ordering OEM replacement parts for ANY truck. Iver rebuilt numerous trucks from fords, to chevys, to dodges and i swear by LMC. Shipping is usually fast, and parts are always a dead match. The only thing i could suggest, sometimes ( on VERY VERY RARE occasions they are expensive) JC whitney would come through and be cheaper.

Ive always given LMC truck the first look when im looking for parts. There technical staff isnt the best, but if you know what parts will work on your truck and what wont, theyre amazing. Besides they have a break down for every vehicle from the largest part, to the smallest bolt holding the ground strap on the hood. Its insane!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered from LMC several times, got nothing bad to say about them. Their prices are usually competitive; but like any other vendor, shop around a little and check. Shipping is fast, never had any problems with bad, broken, or wrong merchandise.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMC has always been good to me. Never had any problems with orders.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
tmayes10

Good company and good parts people. I have one right donwn the street from my house.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

LMC is a great company, ordered quite a bit of stuff from them for my old chevy, excellent part quality and customer service.

I wont use JC Whittney anymore though. I ordered a fender and tailgate from them and both were crap. The tailgate would bend everytime you shut it, and not just a little bit, it looked like a crushed can after opening it and closing it lightly a few times, so it was returned, and the fenders were made from the same material and had so many dents in them by the time they got to us that I had to send it straight back to them. Im not going to pay for parts that are dented and have had hole punched through them during delivery and look worse than the parts I was trying to replace them with. I ended up getting my money back but it was such a pain in the *** that their products were such sh*t.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
fk1022
All Star

LMC is a great company to buy from, but sometimes can be a little on the high side. so shop around before you buy.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

LMC is good

generally, if they have a website that has detailed info along with prices and a check-out counter. Most of the time, they are legit. if you need to call up to place an order, then they are small time and may or may not be trusted.

I use paypal for everything. I have the Paypass Paypal logo downloaded into my browser and it auto fills any form i need to. It's super handy. It also creates a temporary credit card number if you don't trust the site. This means Paypal takes the money out of your account as usual but the place you buy from gets a temporarily issued credit card that is good for only the exact the amount charged. This way they can never steal your info. Also, Paypal gurantess fraud when you use this so it's absolutely safe for me. i also have what they call the Verisign program which is a little handheld remote that has a 6digit code that comes up when it's time to type in your Paypal password. It only costs a buck for them to send it out and get signed up. It saves from anyone hacking into your account even if they know your password because you need the 6 digit code to access your account or other personal info if your not at home to use the gadget.

private party sales are different.

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-16-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I have bought a few things from them for my 63 F100. No problems to report. They have been around for quite a while now.

Also look at www.50resto.com They now have Ram and Challenger stuff. I have bought a lot of things there for my Mustang. Fast shipping and good prices.

Quick Reply: Is LMC a reputable company