3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So........

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So........

As many of you know I was looking forward to getting my torque converter installed soon and was going the cheap rout or trying to go the cheapest rout possible....

Well things didn't work out so well, I took it down to a place that was highly recommended and has been in business for the last 30+ years honest good people.... BULL F*CKING SH*T they are a good honest company!!!!!! I took it down on Friday the 3rd around noon, talked to the owner for a bit and he said he would ship it the following monday morning to get flushed out and it would end up costing about $40 and would be back by tuesday night wednesday at the latest so I thought great just what I am looking for. Well Tuesday came and passed Wednesday came and passed do Thursday last week I gave him a call to check up on it and he said that they were having a little difficulty getting it cleaned but he would give me a call later in the day and let me know whats going on. End of the day comes and goes... no call... Friday morning I give him a call, he says it will be ready for pickup end of the day and he woould call when it was ready... End of the day friday I call him, he says it didn't come back yet, but to call monday and he would find out. Call him monday, the place he sent it out has cut it open and cleaning it out a little more, be ready tuesday.... Call tuesday, should be here wednesday afternoon... Call Wednesday, it not done yet he's trying to figure something else out, should be here Thursday... Call today, its done (Yes!!!!!!!!!) its gonna cost $50 (Yes!!!!!!!!!), excuse of why its late changes again (6th time in a week) the guy he sent it to now did not cut anything open but cleaned it up and pressure tested it and it was working fine, no gunk in it.... (great now what)... Get over there and talk to him for a bit, nice guy, been around a long time and has done everything from racing mopars to restoring them. After 15min or so, he tells me that its in the one box on top in a pile of boxes (all look the same, sh*t) and to go a head and take it, free of charge.... (Oh Sh*t)... Open the box up, it looks dirtier than when I brought it to him, F*CK!!!! I dont want to deal with this guy any more so I take it and leave.....F*CK it, not worth my time!!!! I'm not going to put this converter on my truck, or anywhere near it, no way in hell I do not trust him or his work...

There is a bright side though....

I learned my lesson...
Ordered a brand new APS converter, be here mid week next week, 2700 stall, with a whole lot of improvements. Kind of a compromise, the 2800 would give me harder launches and faster 60ft times, 2600 was their recommendation for more all around performance and better economy, 2700 was middle ground between the two. I was talking to the engineer on the phone for about 45min going through all the options that he will do to it to make haul *** alot better and all. Will be sending in the one the f*cker gave me back for a $125 core charge refund...

My new cooler came today so I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. My Aeroforce Interceptor gauge will be here tomorrow via ups, and my pod should be here soon. Install next weekend....

So much for new rims, to go along with it, I gotta pay off the new converter first now...

Last edited by Pyro; 07-16-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: excessive use of foxtrot
Old 07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

you are better off this way, APS makes killer torque converters...

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Can't trust anyone now-a-days...he probably just wiped it off with a rag and had it sitting there the whole time.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 PM
bigmiah22
Veteran

I dont trust anyone with anything on my truck. Perfect example why.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

What got me was if you are going claim someone cleaned it why give it back even dirtier than how i gave it to him. Lesson learned though.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

That sucks. Where'd you order the APS from?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Called them up and put the order in after talking to one of their reps for a while. Everything is based on my mods and future mods for the truck.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that converter didn't work out for you but it sounds like you got yourself a nice piece to put in.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sometimes its alot easier and cheaper in the long run to buy new...

Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Bertens
Professional

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
sometimes its alot easier and cheaper in the long run to buy new...
Agreed, less headaches are worth the extra coin.

Quick Reply: So........