3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fan and shroud diameter

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM
rovman
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fan and shroud diameter

I am asking a favor. Anyone with an 03 1500 w/4.7L, could you measure the diameter of the engine fan and the inside diameter of the fan shroud at the point where the fan goes in? I believe the Hemi trucks will be the same as well and maybe 03+ trucks. I am looking for these dimensions for a e-fan I want to install in the factory shroud ... I am offshore and not near my truck for awhile.

thanks for any help or comment,
rovman - louisiana

Old 07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What e-fan are you looking to install? I have an e-fan off a Taurus inside of my stock shroud and it fits fine.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
rovman
Amateur

Perma-Cool 16"HP --- it is an open frame design.
Did you cut off any of the shroud or did you mount the fan at the end of the shroud or right up against the radiator?

rovman

Old 07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by rovman
Perma-Cool 16"HP --- it is an open frame design.
Did you cut off any of the shroud or did you mount the fan at the end of the shroud or right up against the radiator?

rovman
I made some brackets and mounted the fan right to the radiator. Then I put the stock shroud back on over the new e-fan.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
rovman
Amateur

Would you know the diameter of the Taurus fan? What control mechanism do you have?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
rovman
Amateur

Would you know the diameter of the Taurus fan? What control mechanism do you have?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Kbreezy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the link below to the DIY. Should have all the info you need. I even think ORT created the DIY.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...c-fan-diy.html

Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

That DIY pretty much sums up everything I did to install mine. To answer your question about the controller, I am running this controller :http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=1658

Last edited by Off_Road_Teacher; 07-17-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 AM
rovman
Amateur

I am finally home from offshore:

ORT - I have planned on the flex-a-lite controller. Do you have the radiator temp probe or the NPT water probe? I do not see in the descrip what the cut-off temp is for the vari-controller ... any info?

By the by: I measured my fan blade, 19" ... the shroud opening is 22". I am now thinking of the 18" perma-cool with the flexalite vari-speed controller.

rovman

Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by rovman
I am finally home from offshore:

ORT - I have planned on the flex-a-lite controller. Do you have the radiator temp probe or the NPT water probe? I do not see in the descrip what the cut-off temp is for the vari-controller ... any info?

By the by: I measured my fan blade, 19" ... the shroud opening is 22". I am now thinking of the 18" perma-cool with the flexalite vari-speed controller.

rovman
I have the probe in the radiator. The controller I am using can be set to go on or off at whatever temp you want. I am currently running it to go on at 200 but you can set it to go on at whatever temp works for you. I am going to be putting a 180 degree stat in this week and after putting it in I am going to lower the on temp to around 190.

Quick Reply: fan and shroud diameter