3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Missing Brake Controller Plug?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
wildneg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Brake Controller Plug?

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi - Tow Package

I can't find the plug. With the pictures online (I think the correct ones), where the plug is suppose to be, I don't have one. I called the Dodge Dealership and they said it should be there... to call Dodge Customer Service because something isn't right.

Are there SOME models that don't have this plug? Even with a tow package upgrade? Any picture online of a 2005 so I know exactly what I am looking at? Thanks...

(Currently on hold with customer service! yay... ''Nothing in the manual says you would have this plug'')

Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM
wildneg
Rookie

I was told... with all the upgraded towing packages, my truck does not come with the plug. Can anyone verify this? She couldn't even forward me to a complaint number... only an address. This is crazy. I have the power and equipment to haul a big trailer... but no simple plug? I find this strange...

Old 07-17-2009, 02:11 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks about not having a plug. you can still install and use brake controllers without the plug. just a little pain in the *** to install.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:21 PM
wildneg
Rookie

Ok, called a dealership (that is on the way to my doctors appointment)... he said with the tow package i have, it should be there. I'm stopping in. We'll see what he says (or i'm completely blind)...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:07 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mines up by the e-brake assembly on my 08.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 PM
wildneg
Rookie

Well, I took it over to a dealership to take a look. The manager took a look under and flat out old me 'I don't see it'...

He asked me if I purchased the truck brand new WITH the tow package when I bought it. I told him yes and showed him my paperwork. He took a look at the back to verify the towing plug and then took a look back under. After about 5 minutes looking under, he said he found it.

It was tapped to the back of the computer? He said he has never seen that, they are always snapped into place right next to it. He undid it and brought it back around. The amount of space behind the computer was just interesting it would fit. So the end the story, he found it and snapped it into place and told me that should of been done at the factory when the truck was made. Odd...

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:39 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Good deal. I guess someone at the factory had a bad day

Quick Reply: Missing Brake Controller Plug?