3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Towing Joy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing Joy

OK, So I just got back from a week long trip in the mountains of West Virginia. I towed a tandem axle trailer with three large utility ATV's up and down every damn winding mountain road in the state(some paved with gravel/dirt/and boulders)lol. The truck performed like a champ, I think short of a diesel the hemi is the best towing power plant I've ever driven. Some of the hills required 4 low to get up safely and I couldn't be happier with how the truck performed! No real point to this thread I just wanted to share the joy of Hemi Ram Ownership with everyone,(don't hate me too much 4.7 guys)

Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

OK this is kinda off topic but related to the above story, While on this ATV trip the last day we were there my atv took an unplanned cartwheeling trip down a very steep hill and took some pretty major damage. I have full coverage insurance on it through progressive and I plan on turning it in but I have a few questions.

If any of you have been through a claim on an atv could you give me any tips on how to play it with my insurance so that I don't get screwed or cause my rates to skyrocket? I am 33 years old and I have a clean record.Will this accident be factored in on future auto or motorcycle insurance coverage prices? I have a Harley insured with progressive as well and I don't want that policy premium to increase. Any tips/help is appreciated.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

A toy shoudl not effect your auto or home or any other motorvehicle if they are different policies. If they try to raise your other rates, then just split your stuff into a different company. i have some things through Geico and some through Statfarm for those reasons.
Getting a claim covered for an ATV shouldn't be an issue but def expect your rates for the other "toys" to go up even more than what they already are which is probably crazy already?? I dunno what your ded. is???
I would call them and ask them if you put out a claim on one of the ATV's if your other rates will be effected. If they give you a line like "we don't know till the claim goes through" then that's a Geico line and yess your rates on Everything will be effected. if they say, just the ATV will go up along with anything else in that policy, it's a choice your gonna have to make.

they try to do some weird things lately like your rates are based upon your FICA score??? I mean who the F*ck are they to say you need to pay more because your credit? it has nothing to do with driving, so def ask questions. Ohh, you DON'T need to file a claim even if you tell them. If they tell you otherwise, hang up on the moron and call back and speak to someone else....lol

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-18-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Thanks for the input Dog,I think I'm gonna have to file a claim, There is a lot of damage it might be totaled I'm not sure.I have a $100 deductable. I think the quad is worth around $3000-$3500. My wife's quad is on the policy also,the only thing they counted against our ATV policy was an at fault car accident she had last winter.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

$100 deductible to put $3500 in your pocket is a no brainer. cuz then you can buy back your quad for next to nothing and try and salvage what you can to get it going. Granted, your insurance isn't gonna jump you after you cash the check.....lol

Quick Reply: Towing Joy