3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radio is horrible

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Tazman40
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio is horrible

Well the only real complaint i have so far is the radio.It comes in horrible.I live out in the country so thats part of it but all the GM's i have owned,the radios come in better than this one.So i stopped at the local stereo guy and he told me that its not so much the radio as its the electronics and antenna on the Dodge trucks.He told me that he didnt want to sell me a stereo because it wouldnt be much,if any,better.I have to tip my hat to him for not selling me a new stereo if its not gonna help.Most places would have sold me one and wouldnt care.

Anyways,my question is ,has anyone else out in the country changed stereos and got better resception or is this guy telling me the truth.I have Sirius in it so its not a horrible loss but there are a couple moring DJ's i like to listen to and cant because the original stereo is horrible.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Can't you just buy a better antenna or something?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:12 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

A newer radio won't change anything other than you loosing your Sirius which is designed to run through the factory unit. Remove that and you'll need another part to make Sirius work again and then you'll still have the same reception. I'd say try another antenna and see if it help, but I'm in the city and have no issue's...hehehe

Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
ViperCLKGTR

I live out in the country and I can say that I get better reception in my truck than most people do in their cars when I ride with them out to my house?

Quick Reply: Radio is horrible