3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lack of AC pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Matt.Anthony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of AC pressure

I have a 2005 dodge ram and recently i've been noticing that when the A/C is on full it doesnt really blow out air that hard, its acting like theres something plugging the vents but with enough room for some air to get out. I know it could be a few diff things but was hoping maybe this was kinda a common thing w/ an easy fix lol.

Thanks for all your help!
~Matt

Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

If all vents are blowing air then you have no problems. My '08 screams an high, but only mediocre amount flows through. Now if I close the passenger vents, then it blasts out the driverside, but with all vents open. The air volume is just okay but it's cold as hell!

This subject has been beaten with a pole so many times just as many others. I'd suggest checking out the FAQ's section as well as using the search function to find any answers you may have before posting.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:50 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Search for "blend door" common problem with late model ductwork. Not just Dodge either.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 AM
doneking
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ This!

I would be willing to bet that your recirculation/blend door is busted. Do the search and you will see it is common.

Not cheap to fix unless you rip the door out like a couple of people have chosen to do. I coughed up the $$$ to fix mine the first time. If it happens again I'll probably tear out the door instead of paying $600 - $800 to fix it.

Good Luck.

DK

Quick Reply: Lack of AC pressure