3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone have factory infinity speakers on aftermarket amp??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have factory infinity speakers on aftermarket amp??

I am swapping out my infinity stock system for an upgrade....I want to put an aftermarket kenwood headunit in but I don't plan on using the factory amp anymore..does anyone have an aftermarket amp they are using to power the factory infinity door speakers? If so did anyone have any problems doing this?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

BUMP bump bump
ANYONE?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

there might be a problem with the front. i think there is a crossover built in for the 6x9 and the in dash tweets. i wouldn't put to much to them i dont think they can handle a lot.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
hifiwest

Customer at work cajolled us into running a 4 channel on his factory speakers.

He came back like a week later and had us install new speakers. Hadn't cooked any vc's yet but they were hurting. So I think, depending on how loud you like it, you'll need new speakers.

Gotta remember that infity's/clarion's/rock fogate's OEM gear is not the same as their aftermarket stuff.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
froto'sride
Professional

I put in a pioneer deh-p6500 and sfter about six months i removed my factory amp because that amp it tuned so that it makes those sh*%y speakers sound like they are decent. In all reality you will not need an amp it you just want a little better quality. putting an after market amp on those would be a waste of time because the amp will severely over power them and i would give it bout a month and you will probably fry them. I have had no real problems with just my head unit hooked up to the factory with out the factory amp except those speakers cannot handle that broad of a frequency range and they distort past 40 or 38 if there is a lot of bass.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
froto'sride
Professional

The only tricky part of removing that dam amp other than the 1 1/2 inches of room you have to work in is figuring out the polarity of the wires but hell who needs 22ga factory wires anyway. I'm replacing all of mine asap....

Quick Reply: Anyone have factory infinity speakers on aftermarket amp??