3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Larger fuel tank for gasoline engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UUUUHHHHMMMM-----Mr. Obvious Here, you don't have to fill it all the way up. The other way to look at it---

You can cry a lot a one fill up, or not cry as much at two--either way, you get your wallet wrung out.

What really sucks is having to cycle your debit card through twice to fill up because they put a limit on how much you can purchase each time---WTF IS UP WITH THAT!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 04:06 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 34 or 35 gallon tank is standard on long box rams.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:17 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gone Fishin
UUUUHHHHMMMM-----Mr. Obvious Here, you don't have to fill it all the way up. The other way to look at it---

You can cry a lot a one fill up, or not cry as much at two--either way, you get your wallet wrung out.

What really sucks is having to cycle your debit card through twice to fill up because they put a limit on how much you can purchase each time---WTF IS UP WITH THAT!!!
I wasn’t really complaining, but I would rather take the extra couple minutes and fill up all the way, so I don’t have to stop as much. And seeing as it’s going to cost the same whether I fill up partially once or twice a week, or fill up every other week, it doesn’t really matter that much. But, I do agree with you about the credit card limits. I think that is really stupid, especially seeing as they never had a limit before gas prices started going up. When I first got my truck and gas was around $3/gal or so, I used to get $80-$100 on one card without a problem. But then once it started to get up to and over $4/gal they put a $75 limit. Which when it takes more to fill up, it makes no sense to put a limit. And now, even though gas prices have gone down, they didn't take off the limit.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

They still have the $75 here because when I filled up the other day I did 75 the first time and another 11 the second time

Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Scott06HEMI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now in case the opportunity comes up...can I use a fuel tank from an 02 - present truck that was originally on a diesel? once the tank is drained is it all the same parts?

Quick Reply: Larger fuel tank for gasoline engines?