3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The Fast and Furious KILL, BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
VP64
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
I honestly don't think someone is driving it that way for real. My guess would be senior prank or inside joke. It looks like a high school.
imagine if this was your car or someones elses car and while they were in class or wherever someone comes and rices up your ride like that. that would be pretty weird especially if u werent azn

Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Menace2Authority

It's my dads lol. 1998 Turbo Supra, 780HP. At high speeds the wind passing by the spoiler creates down force on the rear wheels which increases traction. So big spoilers do serve a purpose.... on rear wheel drive cars.
Now that's some crazy ****! If someone walked up to me and asked me to get behind the wheel of a 780 HP car that weighed 2500 lbs and DIDN'T have a full frame I'd be telling them to get F*@#'D! And unfortunately for your dad..... that isn't enough spoiler for 780 HP.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Menace2Authority
Now that's some crazy ****! If someone walked up to me and asked me to get behind the wheel of a 780 HP car that weighed 2500 lbs and DIDN'T have a full frame I'd be telling them to get F*@#'D! And unfortunately for your dad..... that isn't enough spoiler for 780 HP.

Yea lol. It basically sits in the back of the warehouse under a cover all year. It's driven maybe 5-6 times during the summer. Has little over 16k miles and it's a 5spd. My dad loves the supra more than me; he told me in my 13th birthday card lol

HP numbers sound better with engine pics

Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

As a previous owner of the Mistubishi eclipse. If properly modded with the AWD and Turbo platform (GSX) would destroy out trucks. Those cars are very fast and respond quite well to mods. Now on the other hand Mistu did make a non turbo fwd version. (GS)
You probably came across one of those! Congrats on the kill,but beware not all perform the same.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:46 AM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
I would, but last time I checked there's no SRT-10 Ram's in that game..
actually old project gotham racing game for xbox actually have 04 ram srt 10. I never stopped using that truck.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Fast & Furious kill???

The actual cars in F&F have well over 100k in them and would spank our trucks.....
No, most of the cars in the F&F movies dont really have that much done to them, a lot of cosmetic mods, but nothing really done to the engines unless it was one of the cars that they had the hoods opened on which they usually just dressed up the top of the block. A few of the cars that were driven by the stars in the movie were set up pretty nice, like the charger, the celica, the supra, the s2000, and a select few other cars in the first movie. What they usually did is enter actually street driven cars into the movie, did a casting call on people to have their cars done up all nice and thrown into the movie then gave them back to the original owners of the cars, and they didnt put 100k into those cars haha.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM
VP64
Captain

Originally Posted by 04 HEMI 04
actually old project gotham racing game for xbox actually have 04 ram srt 10. I never stopped using that truck.
actually u had to buy it or as they say "download" it from XBL online

Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
No, most of the cars in the F&F movies dont really have that much done to them, a lot of cosmetic mods, but nothing really done to the engines unless it was one of the cars that they had the hoods opened on which they usually just dressed up the top of the block. A few of the cars that were driven by the stars in the movie were set up pretty nice, like the charger, the celica, the supra, the s2000, and a select few other cars in the first movie. What they usually did is enter actually street driven cars into the movie, did a casting call on people to have their cars done up all nice and thrown into the movie then gave them back to the original owners of the cars, and they didnt put 100k into those cars haha.
I'm talking about the actual casting cars, not extras. The cast cars they produce 15-20 of each. Every single one of them(with the exception of the jetta) had at least 40-50k in them. The simple fact is, there isn't a main car worth less than 80k in the movies.

You gave the example of the 95 supra. They built 17 of that exact same car. I've seen a build sheet for it and production cost. Each one had $150k in after market parts.

Lets take the RX-7 from Tokyo Drift. The Vielside body kit on that car alone is 13k (just the body kit) Not to mention the extra 35k thrown into that beast rotary engine.

These cars aren't rice. They have to look good, but they are also driven extremely hard to get the right shots for the movie.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I'm talking about the actual casting cars, not extras. The cast cars they produce 15-20 of each. Every single one of them(with the exception of the jetta) had at least 40-50k in them. The simple fact is, there isn't a main car worth less than 80k in the movies.

You gave the example of the 95 supra. They built 17 of that exact same car. I've seen a build sheet for it and production cost. Each one had $150k in after market parts.

Lets take the RX-7 from Tokyo Drift. The Vielside body kit on that car alone is 13k (just the body kit) Not to mention the extra 35k thrown into that beast rotary engine.

These cars aren't rice. They have to look good, but they are also driven extremely hard to get the right shots for the movie.
Looks like we got a closet Ricer amongst us boys....Just kidding,Nice info Got_Hemi44

Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 AM
gmb4fords
Veteran

i would NEVER trade my truck for it, but you have to admit it would be fun driving a tiny *** car with the same if not more horsepower than a hemi. and when the turbo kicks in... yea its enough to make any ricky bobby wannabe in here(including myself) cream in thier pants... but like i said i would even think about losing my truck for it

Quick Reply: The Fast and Furious KILL, BAHAHAHAHA!!!