3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engines arent Suppose to Purr are they?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines arent Suppose to Purr are they?

Its kinda OT but I want some insight/explainations...

I was headed out this morning, and I just happen to check my front tires and noticed a bit orange furr sticking out from the top of the tire... I peeked under and found this wedged in my front end...

Name:  DSC02382.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  71.1 KB

Shes only 7 -8 weeks old, and shes not doing good as you can see... Im waiting on Animal control to come get her. I am about to go clean out her eyes again (she's got something gunk in them that is sealing them shut)

So, I dont think that she is part of my engine... but I ask you guys... There a reason why animals like to do this? And if I find a kitten in my balt, am I likely to find a tiger in my Ram? Its like 90+ weather here, and I hadnnt ran my car for almost a day, so I know it cannot be related to warmth... so I do not know how or why they would be there, and has anyone had issues with finding crispy critters in their vehicles?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:13 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do it to keep warm specially at night, think about it, a hot engine that has cooled abit is still going to retain heat for sometime after its been shut off. My parents find a few cats tucked in the wheel well or engine compartment of my dads chevy every winter.

Or.. If it cooled down enough at night its doing it to keep out of the heat (same rules apply as above).

Quick Reply: Engines arent Suppose to Purr are they?