3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

should i..

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
04Phantom
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
Redone, how did I know you were going to find this thread and make fun of me. Cut a brother a little slack man! lmao.

Phantom. I really like the ltd classics. I was told to buy one when I was first looking at puting one in. Some guy in Vegas told me to do it, hes kinda a duesche, but thats a different story... Anyways, I ended up having an old import side band radio in the garage that I always thought was junk. Turns out, its a freakin sweet radio. That married with a wilson 1000 whip, gives me a good signal and lots of talking power.

I hate it when I get bored with my truck. But your truck looks pretty danged good right now. Find something else to tinker with. Im surprised nobody else has mentioned this but, man.. your truck is 2WD?
hah yeahh its 2wd, the mother didnt want me to have a 4wd cause she knew i'd be out tearing it up, but doesent mean i still cant have fun with a 2wd hemi

Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
VP64
Captain

so like the other day i was out checking-out my truck and i was like "hmm it would be prettty cool if the top of the bedrail was chrome instead of matt black bed liner." then i see this. its like a sign or something.
i have a tanneau cover so it wont stand out too much.
i think u should keep it the way it is because if i think its cool then its proabibly is hecka cool

Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I'd leave them alone, if you swap them out for a black set then you'll have to do the same to the side steps, door handles, grill, mirrors, wheels and any other chrome part on it so it all matches...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
Redone, how did I know you were going to find this thread and make fun of me. Cut a brother a little slack man! lmao.

Phantom. I really like the ltd classics. I was told to buy one when I was first looking at puting one in. Some guy in Vegas told me to do it, hes kinda a duesche, but thats a different story... Anyways, I ended up having an old import side band radio in the garage that I always thought was junk. Turns out, its a freakin sweet radio. That married with a wilson 1000 whip, gives me a good signal and lots of talking power.
wow man, I thought we were homies.......geez lol. yep, you spent too much time on land, go disappear offshore for a week or two ahahahaaa.

I have a 29NWLTD but havent put it in the dodge yet.....im not sure if i want something else to clutter the cab up or not. I cant come up with a really cool place to mount it yet, basically.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM
04Phantom
Professional

sooo i was thinking, and i think im just gunna take the diamond plate tailgate thing off, and leave the bed rails on it, then just put the tailgate spoiler on it.. think it'll look good?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:10 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Hells yea man. Im leaning towards a tailgate spoiler right now too. I think they look pretty decent, and it helps to covers dents in your gate too... erm... ya.

Redone, homies for sure. I think I do need to dissappear for a while. Kinda getting bored, and spending too much money being at home. Got paid today, and all I can seem to look at right now are tow mirrors and SC's. Gotta stay away!!!

Right now Im looking at having a friend help me out on the moutning issue. She works at a laser cutting shop, and can have some wicked stuff designed. Gonna have her design me a slide in mount for the ole' side band. Will take some pics and let you know.

Silver... How else would I have known that his truck was two wheel drive if I didnt read his sig... der-da-der.... lol. No hard feelings!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
VP64
Captain

Originally Posted by 04Phantom
sooo i was thinking, and i think im just gunna take the diamond plate tailgate thing off, and leave the bed rails on it, then just put the tailgate spoiler on it.. think it'll look good?
Of couurse it wont look better then what u have going on right now. maybe do the tailgate spoiler but leave the sides chrome

Old 08-01-2009, 01:16 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I would put the spoiler on the tailgate and black diamond plate pieces on the sides.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:23 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

if there are some DF members around you try to set up a trade. i traded my 08 w/spoiler to a 06 no spoiler because i had a tonneau and it just wouldn't work. fast and easy no drilling and everyone got what they wanted. just a thought. by the way phantom nice truck. i am not a fan of diamond plate but it looks good on your set up

Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leave the DP on the sides it looks perfect on your truck and the tailgate I could go either way, I am wanting one for my truck too!