3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
brettt777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light

I have a 2006 Ram quad cab with the 5.7 liter Hemi. I blew the fuse for the power outlet the other day. So I went into the fuse box thinking I could use one of the spare fuses till I get to the auto parts store and replace it. Well, I saw on the fuse box cover where there were a few spares so I pulled one and replaced the blown fuse. When I got back in the truck, I had several lights that stayed on and my speedometer didn't work. So I pulled over and tried it again with a different "spare" fuse. This time my gauges worked but I had a couple lights that stayed on including the check engine light. So I put the fuses all back where they were until I could just get some new fuses since obviously the "spare" fuses aren't actualy spares. Now, everything works except I still have the check engine light and it won't go away. I have never had any trouble with lights coming on in the three years I have had the truck. It has always ran flawlessly. Now I have this light because I tried to use a "spare" fuse. Everything seems to operate correctly. I just can't get tge light to go out. Is there something I can do to get rid of the light besides paying some service center $100 to plug their computer into the thing and reset something? Please tell me I can do something about this without it costing me $$$ I don't have...?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 PM
disturbedgator
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awww snap we posted cil threads at the same time! High five! I dunno much about the electrical stuff but i say pull and see what it is, if its related to the fuses erase it and see if it stays away....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:08 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

autozone will pull the code for you and you can clear it by disconnecting the neg. battery cable for 15-20 mins.

Quick Reply: check engine light