3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

powder coating bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dskaggs20
right i understand you can powder coat plastic but i am refering to the GRILLE FRAME. it wont fair well in the ovens.. they are not high temp plastic

does anyone have pics of there bumpers and grilles after a diy paint or coating job.
First off, what color is your truck? Some factory colors you won't be able to achieve a 100% match with powder coat.

I was just informing Ben D. about the new technologies that allow the powder coating of plastics, i didn't mean to try and powder coat the grill shell

Old 08-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Dskaggs20
Amateur

im not trying to match my color im coating them matte black...i was just trying to see if there were troubles getting the plastics off the steel bumpers.

sounds like it should be pretty easy, give it a try this week..,.thanks for the help guys

Old 08-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Dskaggs20
im not trying to match my color im coating them matte black...i was just trying to see if there were troubles getting the plastics off the steel bumpers.

sounds like it should be pretty easy, give it a try this week..,.thanks for the help guys
you should get the bumpers LineXd or rhino lined instead

Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

Name:  untitled-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  103.9 KB
Name:  daaaa.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  115.2 KB
Name:  grle.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  72.6 KB

there ya go the grille is one i got off ebay, it came like that just black plastic ready for paint, but low and behold i just bought one again in pr4 for my truck lol, so the black one is for sell. oh about the bumper, i didnt take it to a shop to do it i just took it off and cleaned it real good. they sell the stuff in aerosol cans. took me half a can. im thinkin of doing my whole truck in it, but worried about weight issues......

Last edited by disturbedgator; 08-01-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: powder coating bumpers