3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Revving Issue??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:28 AM
04LS6
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revving Issue??

Hey everybody,
You have probably seen my other post about my leaking crank seal. I'm gonna tackle that on Tuesday, but I have another issue that I might try to solve at the same time.

My 04 5.7L Hemi 1500 Ram hasn't caused me any issues (with this one leak exception ), but I am having an issue with my automatic transmitions shifting gears. The only time I have a problem shifting is when I have my throttle to the floor. It seems that it will take right off, but once it gets up high in RPM's around 5k (I have to double check on that one) it seems that the truck won't shift and it will just sit there and rev high as if it hangs for some reason. To shift I have to ease off the throttle a bit and then it will shift. This is the only time is does it to me and shifts fine up and down. Any thoughts?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

i have this happen sometimes too, when i go up a big hill with the pedal to the floor, it gets stuck in a high gear and won't come out, i've had to pull over and shut the truck off to get it to change gears.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 AM
04LS6
Rookie

anybody??

Quick Reply: Revving Issue??