3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Favorite Off Road Spot

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
yfz450r
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buddahead
Here in MI., there are a few places to go. The last 2 pickups I've had, I've never "offroaded"-I learned the hard and expensive way with my first 4x. If you want sand, Silver Lake can be fun and if you want mud, there's a county run park in Mt. Morris.

silver lake is fun i go mud running in whiskey creek thousands of acers of state land and all kinds of mud holes some to big and deep

Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

used to go to the sand dunes every weekend(glamis,buttercup) when i lived in ca.now that i moved to texas the only place around me that i know of is the soggy bottom offroad park I hate mud.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

Originally Posted by dave-o
What are your guys favorite spots for off roading? Mine is this place out near Barstow, CA called Afton Canyon. You can hunt, fish, and there are some killer rock walls.
How is that place? Every time me and my buddys think about heading out that way we just end up at El Mirage haha.

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
used to go to the sand dunes every weekend(glamis,buttercup) when i lived in ca.now that i moved to texas the only place around me that i know of is the soggy bottom offroad park I hate mud.
Sucks that you moved to Texas, those are some good spots to hit up.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
mopardad68
Rookie

If anyone is familar with QuadCities Il/IA on the IL side theres the 280 bridge, when i had the 79 power wagon and the 90 power ram thats where id go, theres fun for all levels, but dont get cocky, i was stuck for 3 weeks before i got pulled out by a farmer with a 4X4 Stieger with duals at all 4 corners, shoulda listened, God i miss those days, when lived in orlando in 02 used to go about 1/2 mile south of universal theme park and wheel with the 90 dodge but im sure thats been developed by now, or just cruise the beach in daytona, on the FXR or the 90 Dodge, miss the beach to, what the F**k was i thinking moving back to IL LOL

Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
rothautomotive

I'm originally from Michigan. I love to play in the sand at Silver Lake, and the mud holes in Yankee Spring Rec. area. Although last time i visited , a lot of the trails have been closed. http://www.bradenton-auto-repair.com/

Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
How is that place? Every time me and my buddys think about heading out that way we just end up at El Mirage haha.

Sucks that you moved to Texas, those are some good spots to hit up.
Its not spread out like el mirage, but its cool, you have to be careful because its hard to tell whats private property and what is not

Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

Originally Posted by sharkhunter10
Hot Springs is a awesome rock crawling park with little mud. I live in lr but the best place to go disturbed is in Texarkana. There is the thing called the Red River Mud Bog and its the biggest place to mud ive ever seen we take the trucks and 4 wheelers every year and it just kicks @ss! now there is stuff for light mudding to stuff that monster trucks cant make it through! NO JOKE AT ALL! They bring custum trucks and all kinds off stuff. We go evey year on New years and have gone for 6 years now and its a freaking blast! But if you dont wana drive that far (2 1/2 hours) far just find a country road and find some mud.
Hell ya sounds good. Next time you go ill try and tag along, that way you could pull me out cause im sure ill get in over my head! ill have my mud terrains on by than but im sure the lil 4.7 wont have enough power to keep me from boggin down. but ill look good doin it lol

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dave-o
Its not spread out like el mirage, but its cool, you have to be careful because its hard to tell whats private property and what is not
Where/what is el mirage?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by dedogg
Where/what is el mirage?
el mirage is a dried lake where a lot of people take 4x4's atv's, bikes, its a huge open desert out by Adelanto and the San Bedrnadino border

Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

It's also the site they test land speed records at, and filmed the end of the last Fast and Furious movie. BIG, flat lake bed for going fast and getting sideways, and a lot of trails, whoops and dirt sections off to the sides of the bed.

Quick Reply: Favorite Off Road Spot