3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Favorite Off Road Spot

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
Hell ya sounds good. Next time you go ill try and tag along, that way you could pull me out cause im sure ill get in over my head! ill have my mud terrains on by than but im sure the lil 4.7 wont have enough power to keep me from boggin down. but ill look good doin it lol
Well I wish i could pull you out but my 5.7 2wd wont do to good down there thats why I have buddy's with big trucks and a big 4wheeler. But they pull people out all time with a back hoe so you would be good! Here is there site you can check it out.

redrivermudbog.com

Old 08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Claw
Rookie

Originally Posted by kjun
Alpine Loop (Lake City, Silverton, Ouray) Colorado. 4x4/high clearance is required but stock 4x4's have little issues on the main trails so not a hard core trail. Gorgeous scenery and a little something for the entire family. Fishing, camping, four wheeling, hiking, and even shopping in the little touristy towns for the wife. Great spot for a family vacation.
Yep, right here in the San Juan mountains of SW Colorado. Can't beat it for scenery. That's why I moved here several years ago. There are many trails other than the Alpine Loop though. Most are easy to moderate, but there are a couple of more difficult ones if you want to up the pucker factor. For real hardcore stuff, Montrose is just a little ways away.

Plus, my 2nd favorite spot, Moab, is only 2.5 hours away so I can still go wheeling when the snow gets too deep here.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I go here alot cuz it's close to home.... http://www.haspinacres.com/gallery/ plenty of mud and some good hills,I usually take my 660 Grizzly though, my truck only gets muddy in the parking lot.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by Claw
Yep, right here in the San Juan mountains of SW Colorado. Can't beat it for scenery. That's why I moved here several years ago. There are many trails other than the Alpine Loop though. Most are easy to moderate, but there are a couple of more difficult ones if you want to up the pucker factor. For real hardcore stuff, Montrose is just a little ways away.

Plus, my 2nd favorite spot, Moab, is only 2.5 hours away so I can still go wheeling when the snow gets too deep here.

is there a ski resort there?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Claw
Rookie

Originally Posted by dave-o
is there a ski resort there?
Yep. Telluride is probably the most well-known.

Quick Reply: Favorite Off Road Spot