3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warranty Woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
79'lilred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Woes

Sometimes I can be an idiot, but maybe someone here knows what to do.

I bought my truck with a 3 in Fabtech lift on it. Apparently to install the crossmember, you have to cut the factory one out. Well, I bought the extended warranty from them and later found out that this voids the warranty, something I would've known common sense wise, but never thought that I should have to crawl under the truck to make sure it has everything when I bought from a dealership. The truck was new, thought I might throw that in there.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of a law that I need to cite, or any other instances where something like this happend, and they were able to recouple thier monies? Did I get completely had?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 79'lilred
Sometimes I can be an idiot, but maybe someone here knows what to do.

I bought my truck with a 3 in Fabtech lift on it. Apparently to install the crossmember, you have to cut the factory one out. Well, I bought the extended warranty from them and later found out that this voids the warranty, something I would've known common sense wise, but never thought that I should have to crawl under the truck to make sure it has everything when I bought from a dealership. The truck was new, thought I might throw that in there.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of a law that I need to cite, or any other instances where something like this happend, and they were able to recouple thier monies? Did I get completely had?
So you bought this truck new from the dealer and it already had the lift installed by them?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
79'lilred

Yup, dealership thing.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 AM
DizzyD

In 90% of auto loans, the warranty can always be removed up until the the truck is paid off. I would first contact the dealership and state you want the warranty removed from your loan. If they won't do anything, contact your lender. This is only if the change to your truck completely voids warranty and theres no way around it. Do everything you can either through the dealership or lender. You shouldn't have too much trouble depending on how long its been since you purchased the truck.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
kjun
Professional

If you did in fact by a brand new truck and it had a lift installed on it by the dealer then I would be kicking and screaming on the managers desk to either get a 100 percent full refund on the warranty or completely honor it.

The would have knowingly sold you a product for a good chunk of money they never intended to honor....bad unethical business......

Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 AM
79'lilred

Yeah, I am going up there tomorrow to talk to the manager. Hopefully I can get it resolved quickly considering it's in another state. Dangit. Wish me luck guys, and thanks for the reads.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I always was told the justification the dealers give for you paying 5x the going rate for the work to be done there is so that it DOESN'T void your factory warranty.
Which is BS anyway. By law, they CANNOT void your warranty, only refuse to cover any failure that a mod directly caused.

Read the Magnuson/Moss Act before you go in there...

Quick Reply: Warranty Woes