3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

XD Rockstars BLK...22's or 24's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
eseven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got Hemi- Well everyone has a different point of view. I respect you and everyone's comments. I go 24's because the truck is big and I needed the size to match up. Instead of having a big truck with small wheels.

Dunerider- Yes trucks that has over 20" rims may look tacky and lose performance as well. I just got interested when I saw a couple of lifted trucks with big rims in the states while on R&R from the Army.

Creative- Definitely correct! I plan on a lift kit to clear the wheels when I get 40" Toyos. I have had other 4X4's as well, they have been sold due to deployments. Now, this is a truck I would like to build not too high not too low for hauling my atv's on a trailer.

*By the way, this is not an everyday ride. No one rides it but me. My wife and kids are satisfied with the Toyota Sequoia instead of the wedding gift I got her which I drive almost everyday, a bmw 3-series.

Thanks for the comments!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

with a little bit of "trimming" you can lay frame and tuck 24's!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM
eseven

Originally Posted by tuned93
with a little bit of "trimming" you can lay frame and tuck 24's!!
Sounds good! There's Dodge Ram club here on island and they are all lowered with wheels from 20's to 24's! But, I have always been a 4X4 diehard fan! Thanks!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
besides making the truck look ghetto and your ride horrible, please elaborate why they're great?
There is no difference in 24s/36s or 18s/36s. My 36s are A/T and not skinnies so Ive still got plenty of wall to ride on. But hey, some people would call 17s/36s redneckish.

To each thier own. Everyone has different taste

Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
VP64
Captain

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
Just don't go so big that the sidewall of your tire is paper-thin, you'll regret it.
i do miss running over stuff, parking on the sidewalk, peeling out, avoiding traffic by cutting across the lot, that was with the old 20 oem rims n tires. they are huge on the regular cabs.
but that was so like high school. I like my current wheels. rides better then the 20s. and keeps me from doing dumb stuff like running over things on the road just to see if i can.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
mxculture

I was first thinking about a lift kit...but man everyone I talk to says dont because the ride is just rough and horrable...especially cuz im not gonna be taking my truck in the mud. And how do you get the ride to not be bad? buy a 8,000$ lift kit...and then you still have to buy rims and tires? I dont make 150,000$/YR. I like the look of 22's. Im planning to put skirts on it just like the hemi sport...maybe a different kit. I travel alot and I dont think a 6'' lift would make it better for the road. Although I'd like a lift better...I dont know if it would be practical for the KM(miles if youre american), I put on. All they do is add a leaf spring at the back dont they?

Like I said...I would love to put a 6'' lift and 18'' rockstars with nice mudders...but i have to spend like 10,000$ (a GOOD lift, EXPENSIVE lift if i want a nice ride...then i still have to buy rims and tires.)

22'' Rockstars I probabtly dont have to go with a lo-pro tire..it could still have somewhat meat to it....im just really undecided since there isnt to many modified vehicles around here...so I dont have a visual.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Why would a lift make your truck handle poorly? Most of them use the stock springs anyway.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
mxculture

Let me re-phrase it then...not handle poorly...have a crappy RIDE. A more rough ride, less enjoyable. Stiffer ride...harder ride. Adding a leaf in the back will make the truck be a lot stiffer therefore making it ride like crap...but I dont know for sure I dont have a lift...im just being told this stuff from friends who have had some.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mxculture
Let me re-phrase it then...not handle poorly...have a crappy RIDE. A more rough ride, less enjoyable. Stiffer ride...harder ride. Adding a leaf in the back will make the truck be a lot stiffer therefore making it ride like crap...but I dont know for sure I dont have a lift...im just being told this stuff from friends who have had some.

Man, its a truck. Not a Caddilac. Get over it. Just do it and get it over with.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 AM
megablacktank
Professional

well heres what i think, if u gonna go big and lifted put some meat under it(4x4). if u go big with 2 wheel drive slam it and put rubber bands on them. either way it is up to you. I probably wouldn't go with the 24's though. unless u gonna stick it in car shows.

Quick Reply: XD Rockstars BLK...22's or 24's?