3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Spacers with 35's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers with 35's?

Hey guys,

I have a question considering wheel spacers with the 35's... IM suppose to be getting 35,12.50,20 on my truck today cause i have the 2.5" level. Which size spacers do I need? I dont want anything to look too crazy with the wheels sticking out but enough for it to clear.

Thanks,

-Erik

Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

i suppose these are going on the stock rims? id say 1.5 but better wait for back up. oh and make sure theyre hubcentric

Old 08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

You're probably going to want 2" i'd think, to make sure there's no rubbing. The wheels wont be sticking out too far, but it'll give it an agressive look. And yes, make sure they're hubcentric.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
jjfshj

from another post....thought you would see it here...

Hey EJM05-

Do you think those 35s will rub at all even with the leveling kit? I have the stock 20s as well and I will get new tires eventually when my originals crap out. I still have to get my leveling kit as well. I would like this info. for when I get mine. I had the TOYO open country on my last ram and it looked like they never even wore at all even when I sold it. Are 35s the same as 305s?

i guess the spacers are going to prevent the rubbing??...sorry im new at this stuff, but want to get my truck more aggressive looking.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jjfshj
from another post....thought you would see it here...

Hey EJM05-

Do you think those 35s will rub at all even with the leveling kit? I have the stock 20s as well and I will get new tires eventually when my originals crap out. I still have to get my leveling kit as well. I would like this info. for when I get mine. I had the TOYO open country on my last ram and it looked like they never even wore at all even when I sold it. Are 35s the same as 305s?

i guess the spacers are going to prevent the rubbing??...sorry im new at this stuff, but want to get my truck more aggressive looking.
Hey, Im new to all this stuff too. I'm learning as I go along. There is a Ram on here with the 2.5" leveling kit with 35's and he said that there is no rubbing at all but he has wheel spacers. He doesn't know how thick they are because the tire place just put them on for him. Im not sure it the 35's are the same as 305's. I don't know the comparison. But I have the Top Gunz Customs 2.5" level. I will let you know tomorrow if the tires rub.

So I guessing that a 7/16 wont pass and will make the tires still rub??

Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

need at least 1.5" but i would go with 2" to be safe

Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Alright. Here is what my truck looks like with the leveling kit on.

Name:  IMG_0100.jpg
Views: 9366
Size:  98.6 KB

Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Go_Green
Rookie

I have 35"x12.50"x20" mud grapplers on my 04, no leveling kit (but the torsion bars are cranked up to almost level), OEM wheels, and no wheel spacers. The side biters only barely touch the sway bar at full lock. Other than that, no rubbing. Also, the spare fits under the truck. For kicks, I cranked the TB's all the way up last night and they don't rub, but I'd definitely need an alignment. For now, I cranked them back down...and an alignment is coming next week.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Go_Green
I have 35"x12.50"x20" mud grapplers on my 04, no leveling kit (but the torsion bars are cranked up to almost level), OEM wheels, and no wheel spacers. The side biters only barely touch the sway bar at full lock. Other than that, no rubbing. Also, the spare fits under the truck. For kicks, I cranked the TB's all the way up last night and they don't rub, but I'd definitely need an alignment. For now, I cranked them back down...and an alignment is coming next week.
So you think Ill be fine with a 7/16 spacer? Well i will find out tomorrow

Old 08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
ThunderedRod
Rookie

OK on my truck I have 1/4 spacers to fit that exact tire size on the front. I had use these because the tire would rub the spindle because it is a bit wider then the stock tire. I have stock rims as well. My tires never rub but when I look it at full turn it appears that it would rub if I went any wider with the spacers. Also I paid about seven bucks a pop for my spacers. They just slip over the lugs and you re- install the wheel. If you go wider you could be spending much more and have the possibility that the tire could rub the fender. Another thing that I read on the BDS suspension website is that our (06-08) trucks do not respond well to a wider stance. On the side it said that the rack and pinion system will develop a shimmy when it is to wide.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers with 35's?